Author Topic: Buying Floor Tillered Staves  (Read 964 times)

Offline Ash

Buying Floor Tillered Staves
« on: September 22, 2020, 09:29:40 am »
Hello primitive archer community. I have been interested in bow making for a while, and I may start out by finishing a floor tillered stave as an introduction to primitive archery. Consequently, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the floor tillered staves from Crows Head Archery? Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Ash
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 10:37:51 am by Ash »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Buying Floor Tillered Staves
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 10:01:16 am »
Welcome Ash.  First off, we don't allow direct links posted on this forum unless they are for one of our sponsors. So, please remember that before posting any more. It can get you in trouble here. I couldn't get the site to come up. I will disable it though.
Floor tillering is about the easiest part of tillering a bow. We can easily talk you through it. We will need pics and you need to ask any questions you may have.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ash

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:37:17 am »
My apologies for unwittingly breaking the rules. I will remember to not post links like that from here on out.
Sincerely,
Ash
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 10:40:52 am by Ash »

Offline Jakesnyder

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 01:25:23 pm »
Be aware some places that say "staves" are actually milled out boards. Not that they won't make a bow just they kind of mis represent the product. But for your first one a board bow might be just what you want.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 01:50:28 pm »
That's why I didn't give you a warning. You can post a company name, just not a direct link.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

bownarra

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 03:12:35 pm »
I'd go to the trade section on here and ask for a stave from a member. There are some great sellers out there but there are also a lot of not so great ones! As a beginner it is going to be very hard for you to judge a stave properly from some photos. If you got a nice dry stave from someone on here you will likely be off to a good start. I'm sure somebody will help you out.