Author Topic: Hunting with the Hedge 2020-21  (Read 72267 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Hunting with the Hedge 2020-21
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2020, 10:23:00 am »
09 Dec 20
31 degrees, SW wind

shooting lite was around 0630 slow for first 30 min then coyote were running out in distance. The first deer moved in around 0730 three doe and 0800 i had seen 21 doe and yearlings. I saw what I thought was the record P & Y doe but as she came in she was acting strange checking other doe. Then, I got bino's and sure enough it was a good buck that that had snapped off both beams at skull cap. Probably one of the two big one horns I have seen lately.

Warmed up really fast it with prolly hit high 60's if wind stays down.

Good hunting

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2020, 07:27:00 am »
11 Dec 2020

Had frost with south winds forecasted. Warmed really fast. Saw two bucks right at first light then nothing there after. Some fox squirrels in the Burr Oak next to me in this creek bed flat. They had been in the field with a dozer and sprayer the day before and the doe must have moved off for a days or two. About 0830 and fella walking three dogs went thru on far side of creek and that was that. Nice morning to be out in dark to see sun come up over ridge anyway.

Good Hunting

HH~
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 06:40:45 am by HH~ »

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2020, 06:39:55 am »
22 Dec 2020

I rise this morning with a heavy heart as I know my Ranger and hunting and fishing buddy of 20 years died yesterday 21 Dec 2020 at his home in Adams Tennessee. He was was one hecka of an 2nd Batt Army Ranger, father, archer and outdoorsman. I don't think a morning before sun up that we have not spoke of what the day may hold. I will dearly and forever miss my friend.

Shawn~
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 09:09:00 am by HH~ »

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2020, 07:22:56 am »
I understand, my work friend of 50 years and gym partner from almost 30 called me from the hospital a few months ago to tell me he had had a heart attack that was no big deal. He said they were going to do one bypass on him the following Monday and straighten him out.

The next day another friend sent me message that my buddy had had a massive stroke, the next day he had another heart attack and was gone, just like that.

These things definitely leave a void in our lives.

Offline paulc

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2020, 08:09:23 am »
Sorry Shawn.

Offline Otis

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2020, 08:26:01 am »
Prayers from Indiana Shawn.  I know you two were close.

David

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2020, 10:29:06 am »
That is a hard thing to bear, I'm sorry for your loss
In the woods I find my peace

Offline Morgan

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2020, 11:33:20 am »
Damn. I’m sorry.

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2020, 11:44:35 am »
Condolences from Pa Shawn.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2020, 06:16:48 am »
He was a great guy, I got to know him over last winter and this Summer/ fall and never meet a nicer guy,always wanting and willing to help no matter what we were doing,I know yall were close Shawn, thanks for bringing him down so I could meet him and also share in enjoying his company.He will be deeply missed.  :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2020, 07:46:58 am »
Thanks Pappy, Dave, fella's.

He was the kind guy who'd stuff MRE tissue in a shrapnel wound wrap some tape over it and carry his broken and busted men out. They say great leadership is infectious and breeds competence. He was that guy. In 2005 he took 141 men into the hell that was Iraq then and brought every single man home on two feet. His leg got broken about six months in and he never took any treatment until we were leaving. Most guy woulda just said "fuk it" and took the the first thing smoking back to states. Not Bart, that was just like another challenge to him, think he sais "I show these insurgents, i beat their asses on one leg".

He was one the best bow hunters I ever saw. We hunted, scouted, soldiered and built bows a bunch together over the years. Heck we both were just saying after he killed this great buck that we will watch each other as old farts grow old chasing whitetails. Sure, as we age we lose people we cherish and that's gods will I can accept that.

There will never be a morning  i get up before sun up, pack my gear, reach for my bow that I won't for a minute think " I wonder what Bart's up to".

Sua Sponte my Brother.
RLTW~
Shawn
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 07:50:40 am by HH~ »

Offline HH~

« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2020, 05:45:12 am »
Clear and Cold Christmas 2020

West wind, 16 degrees

Deer are in the thick stuff browsing I'm thinkin. When sun gets up I have two wheat fields on nearby farm that are about 3-4" tall. My guess is they will squirt the edges and feed the leeward edges as the sun burns off the frosted wheat.

Good Hunting

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2020, 07:15:22 am »
You are probably right Shawn but they will get a pass from me today, plan on getting after them again this coming week, the last week of the season, man it goes by quick. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2020, 07:21:01 am »
Warriors forward suking it up on baby Jesus' Birthday Deployed to Terdville. I can hunt and live free because of you.

Many Thanks Warriors

HH~

Offline HH~

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2020, 12:51:32 pm »
Whinding down to last week or so of bow hunting for whitetails here in Tenn. Was out yesterday morning saw about 30 deer. Was a cool 26 degrees and about 0730hrs the deer started piling out of the brush for about an hour. Deer were all out of bow range and the were mostly doe and yearlings. Good tidings for 2021 hunts.

Good Hunting

Shawn