Author Topic: Hunting with the Hedge 2020-21  (Read 70855 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Hunting with the Hedge 2020-21
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2021, 03:32:12 pm »
Don't believe they have a woman's selfbow class at the IBO. They told Julia if they could get 13 women in the class they would have one, no luck so far.

Offline HH~

« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2021, 08:50:45 pm »
Yeah Eric. Its a new world. If a lady wants to shoot SB they shoot with the men. They prolly wont object cuz it may go viral on them.

They can Shoot Arvin Shootdown in July and i talked to him tonight, thats going to happen in July.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2021, 09:05:34 am »
Here we are with a stave that is same tree as the Sherry bow with the nice reflex. I got it on this caul where I am really just pulling the inner third forward. Wood is 1/2" and was workable at this point. Let it sit a few days, then work limbs to a heavy floor tiller and get a string on it early. Plan then is to work limbs down a shade then, get some curved reflex burnt in on the outer third. See where it goes I rekon?

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2021, 08:15:51 am »
Well, that bow really performs well. The one above with all the reflex and moose horn tips. Miss Sherry was able to take the third  National in a row with it. She shot up the place in the finals I have heard by several folks as I did not go. Think she will prolly shoot in the mens class come the Trad World at Pappys in July.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2021, 08:16:05 am »
Congrats to Sherry, she is a good shot and fine lady to boot. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2021, 08:57:07 am »
Like to see her win Mens Selbow at Trad Worlds. Be a sight to watch. Think she won Vintage Hunter last year? Anyway she be shooting a HedgeHunter for sure. Only maybe two guys shot our own bows in SB Class anyway. Almost all shoot Arvin bows or Hedge Bows. There were five HH bows and about 10 Arvin bows last year, 1 or 2 Neet's. Gotta have a shooter bow for sure.

HH~

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2021, 10:30:09 am »
Julia said she shot the top score in the SB class but Sherry beat her in the shoot-off, Sherry is a great shooter as well, head to head they are both very good. Julia said she won the women's LB class and the money shoot-off

Julia shot a bow I made for her but it has hooks so she can't shoot it in the IBO. She said she has no interest in shooting in the men's SB class. I hope Sherry kicks all the guys butts.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2021, 10:45:17 am »
I have a good friend named Nolan Lang that I have kept in bows for years. His #1 selfbow gave up the ghost after about 10 years of heavy use, I gave him one of my bows to use that had a major patch in one limb. I had shot it for years with no problems but the patch turned loose with Nolan's longer draw length. Nolan shoots more arrows in month than most people shoot in a year, he loves his bows.

I have the patched bow in my shop trying to fix it so he will have something to shoot at the IBO, he is a really good shot.

Unfortunately he had developed a severe neurological disease in his legs over the last couple of years that makes walking very difficult for him for more than just a very short distance. He has a handicapped car tag and asked the IBO folk if he could ride his Quite Kat bike from target to target, the are giving him a rash of S@#& about it and haven't OKed it yet. When he walks he just about has to drag one unresponsive leg, he is also in significant pain 24-7.

He shoots at a public range almost every day and rides his electric bike around the course.

Nolan took third in this picture, he is the one in the orange, the picture is from 2013, I hope they let him shoot this year.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 11:07:39 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline HH~

« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2021, 10:51:46 am »
I shot against Julia in Arvin shootdown. She just had bad luck and drew me first. She shot good.
That was 2019 i think.  Then we shot last man standing any bow any way you shoot. I was still there with Selfbow in last 6 person group. They moved out to 35yds about and those barebows with carbons were tough. I made enough $ off that comp to pay my trip. There were about 90 arrows in this one target. I saw guy put a mark on butt of this Ram, like a black dot so i shot it. Hit it too. They pull all the arrows and guy was holding my wood shaft and yells “ whose arra is this”? Thought i was getting kicked out of the comp. He then hands me $175, then says “ give me 20 back cuz you was out the 8 ring”. All those barebow guys at the end were just lookin at me thinkin “ how is this SB guy still in this thing”. They put me out on a small goat at about 37-38yds.

Cloverdale is weird. If they let you shoot two types of bows and make finals they outta let you shoot em. They wont. What ever you shot best is the final you shoot.

Sherry took 1st SB and 2nd recurve without shooting final in that. Tough shooter and thing is she dont care a bit for competing , just likes to shoot. Why she so good i think.

HH~

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2021, 11:10:21 am »
Sherry and Gil are some of my favorite people, always joy to be around.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2021, 01:11:47 pm »
I hear ya Eric, I know Nolan and hearing the story, the only problem is if you open the door for 1 then you have to do it for all, lots of older people with problems in Traditional archery. Haven’t heard yet what the out come on him is yet . Sad deal for sure, he is a great guy and very good shooter. I shot with him on the qualifier one year, fun guy to shoot with and very humble. I am making Julia a bow now to shoot in the IBO, hope she likes it but won’t have much time to practice with it, she probably won’t need much time , she can shoot about anything. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2021, 03:05:04 pm »
They both need to shoot in Mens Selfbow. In the new USA the IBO would not be able to take the heat if i woman says “ im a man today put me in coach, im shootin selfbow”. Im all for it or make a womans Selfbow Class no matter the amount of Gals shootin. Every other big National is doing Womens Selfbow: TAS , Hill, Cloverdale, etc. it’s time!

Hedge~

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2021, 04:26:18 pm »
You forgot the Classic, guess that’s no big enough, all the women have to do for an IBO class is get the numbers up some , who wants to win with 3 people in your class. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2021, 08:09:11 pm »
Classic of course.

If you wanna be women for a day just sign up. This is Woke world. You wanna be a man for day, just identify as one. FB have field day with IBO if they refuse a person to pick their gender and shoot. Not what yer packin, its what’s between ears that counts i guess.
This is one of the many reasons I think the Japan Olympics are off the table. They cant figger out in the Olympic Governing Body what to do with the Wokariasta's that want Gold that are men and always will be but say they are a woman. That, and some places cant get the Cheena virus under control.

HH~
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 08:21:48 am by HH~ »

Offline HH~

« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2021, 08:08:01 am »
End of June Hedge

HH~