Author Topic: Releases  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Morgan

Re: Releases
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 10:20:36 pm »
I made a release, believe it’s called a #9 or #6 release because it looks like the number. Took me a couple tries to get it right, but it provides a clean release and is about as simple of a release as you can get. Make it from bone, stout wood, or horn and you could even call it primitive  )P( . I played with it a lot, but went back to finger shooting as I enjoy it more.

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 10:30:16 am »
wouldn't precision be group size, and group placement be accuracy? Actually the word accuracy has a few meanings. see the targets about half way down here......

I was waiting for that to be mentioned. Your definition is more precise (and accurate! ;D) but most people don't worry as much about the finer points of the details such as this.

Mark

Offline DC

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 10:49:31 am »
I made a release, believe it’s called a #9 or #6 release because it looks like the number. Took me a couple tries to get it right, but it provides a clean release and is about as simple of a release as you can get. Make it from bone, stout wood, or horn and you could even call it primitive  )P( . I played with it a lot, but went back to finger shooting as I enjoy it more.
A friend gave me one of those years ago and i could never fugure out how to use it.
As to the original question did you have to mess with the arrow spine because of it?

Offline Morgan

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 01:43:03 pm »

[/quote]
A friend gave me one of those years ago and i could never fugure out how to use it.
As to the original question did you have to mess with the arrow spine because of it?
[/quote]

DC, I don’t remember if spine was affected or not. I will try to dig it out later and see. I know you are very much more learned and technical in archery than I am, so what I think is good Arrow flight, you may find to be poor.

Offline willie

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2020, 10:56:11 pm »
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 10:11:31 pm by willie »

Offline DC

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2020, 11:26:07 am »

I know you are very much more learned and technical in archery than I am, so what I think is good Arrow flight, you may find to be poor.

Don't count on it, I've only been doing this for 6 years. There's a whole pile of stuff I don't know. Ever notice how many questions I ask ;D

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2020, 11:37:14 am »

I know you are very much more learned and technical in archery than I am, so what I think is good Arrow flight, you may find to be poor.

Don't count on it, I've only been doing this for 6 years. There's a whole pile of stuff I don't know. Ever notice how many questions I ask ;D

I can answer the unasked question as to how bad it hurts when one of those "9" shaped releases slips off your dang finger from full draw and hits your bow hand...it hurts!...alot!!! :D.

In my case it left a really deep bruise that felt like it went down into the metacarpal bone of my pointer finger.
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-