Author Topic: New guy question  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Re: New guy question
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2020, 06:59:10 pm »
My pyramid bows have no shock. Are they perfect no. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2020, 07:24:12 pm »
  I have been making self bows,, for me and others for bout 30 years,,,so have felt vibration in varying degress,, if you are used to shooting a sinew bow with no hand shock ,, and then shoot a longer self bow  you might feel it a bit, but when you get used to the longer self bow it becomes a non issue,,for me the sinew bows are the smoothest consistantly,, they are light as a feather and a wisper to shoot,,
a longer self bow has a bit of vibration,, and I guess if you not used to it might find it offencsive,, but like said above ,, usually if you use a lite grip,, its will tame it,,
  i know you guys tired of hearing me talk about the mass weight,, but even Badger stated with light arrow and flight bow no one complains, but I promise you those bows are on the edge,,, and dont have any extra mass weight to cause vibration,,
  thats all I know,, if you put a thicker leather handle and shoot a heavier arrow you can almost tame anything,, and lots of fine tune tweaks that will help,,,, but a really well made bow ,,,rarely has hand shock,,, but like anything with wood bows,, they can break the rules a prove you wrong every time if you try to make a hard fast rule,,,
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 07:31:05 pm by bradsmith2010 »

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2020, 11:37:03 am »
 The perfect tiller hand shock I will note comes from bows that draw around 50% of their length, not longer ones.

I never really noticed hand shock until I started making bows with less and less of it. Kind of a subjective thing.