Author Topic: HedgeHunter 67" Hunt Rig "Hind Tit"  (Read 11386 times)

Offline HH~

Re: HedgeHunter 67" Hunt Rig "Hind Tit"
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2021, 01:18:32 pm »
Yeah, this bow tillered itself really. It did have a big wave in the grain in lower limb which really help keep that limb a little stiff which I like. This bow quickly became like my M4 Carbine (warm friendly and familiar). When I grab it off the bow hanger she wants to send an arrow into the vitals.

Thanks
Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2021, 07:36:26 am »
The woods is looking purty thin now. Saw deer going in and heard 2 or 3 coming out last evening. No deer came by during Majik hour however. Whinding down very quickly here. Almost time for hog hunting or some south Texas non native species hunting.

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2021, 10:46:56 am »
The HT in all her November Glory. Classic pic of the Selfbow Man himself with the Hind Tit and myself. Good when a plan comes together. A morning I will not soon forget.

Shawn~

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2021, 06:04:30 am »
I think I remember that Shawn. ;) :) Sister really liked that slab of Liver. :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2021, 07:13:57 am »
Hot liver is good for the Pup and great with bacon and eggs in the skillet. I don't eat as much as I did when I was younger but I sure do like it.

Hey here's the Tit's early beginnings! Cant understand where we are at without knowing where we came from.

Shawn~
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 08:04:45 am by HH~ »

Offline HH~

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2021, 05:24:57 pm »
Tree it came out of.

HH~

Offline Tradslinger

• Trad hunt, fish, metal detect, reload, garden, Vet
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2021, 02:02:14 am »
Beautiful bow, excellent post. And it appears to be a sweet shooter too! the Osage wood is just such a beautiful wood in itself and when made into such a fine weapon as that, a very productive one as we see. The problem is that I have a stave ready to be floor tillered but I can't work on it yet for a while. I mean to take my sweet time to do it as right as possible to end up as much like yours as possible and about the same weight. But after seeing your pics, it's gonna be hard to take my time LOL. congrats on such a fine weapon, that has to be a confidence weapon. Jerry

Offline HH~

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2021, 08:11:24 am »
Its a good bow very easy on the fingers and casts a 600 grain arrow well out to 30yds.

On the handle when I look at it I forgot to mention. When cutting out the riser from the stave that original cut is still in the handle. That original bandsaw cut is what you see where your palm sits. It was rough and i liked the feel. So, i just left it and rubbed some oil and beeswax into it. Now that its aged some i really like the way it looks and feels.

Shawn~

Offline HH~

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2021, 12:02:06 pm »
Here's the pile of sapwood and and bark from a days peelings. Hind Tit came out of this pile. Most don't show the evolution of the very bow you see hanging form the tree stand. I happened to be lucky enough to find the pictures of this proven meat harvesting tool of the Bow Hunter. From tree to bow, wood to a tool. Enjoy

Shawn~
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 12:07:59 pm by HH~ »

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2021, 01:43:42 pm »
I was kind of wondering about that surface was on the handle.  That is a seriously wavy log behind the vise in the last photo.

Offline HH~

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2021, 02:19:12 pm »
Snakey Osage

I have been told the evolution of the selfbow builder by the guys who have several thousand builds between them.

Goes somethin like this....

First a guy cant find wood straight and clean enough. Builds a few bows then, cant find wood knotty enough. Builds a few more and cant find wood snaky enough. Then, he comes to figgerin straight clean wood builds really good Shootin bows.

That about right Arvin?

Shawn~
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:27:50 pm by HH~ »

Offline sleek

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2021, 02:46:21 pm »
Hey, hell of a deal HH! Nice big bodied doe too! Those are a hard hunt. Really happy for you!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2021, 03:39:33 pm »
Think I have heard that somewhere Shawn, ;) :) nice bow and some nice hunts.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2021, 04:18:24 pm »
Thought you and a fella from Michigan once told me something like that?

Shawn~

Offline HH~

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2021, 04:52:05 pm »
Here's the HT getting profiled.

Prolly one of the smoothest and most accurate hunt bow shooters I have. May have past up my 44lb big hook static as well. Ain't got any quit in her. Like a 50-52lb spined arrow about 30" long with 190-200grn broad head up front. Wood cut in KY, profiled and tiller in Tennessee.

Shawn~