Author Topic: 6 foot shot / harvest of a deer  (Read 1142 times)

Offline BrianS

6 foot shot / harvest of a deer
« on: November 01, 2020, 08:11:40 am »
My Good Friend and PA Community Member "Dino Rocks" is one of the hardest hunting, trapping and fishing guys I know and that is saying a lot because most the guys I know are hardcore. Dino has been hunting with a selfbow and stone point arrows a bunch this year and I have no doubt he will seal the deal with the stone points one of these days. This story however was done with a traditional longbow (Still very cool considering the deer was shot a 6 feet while Dino was in a ground blind. The deer actually walked into Dinos blind!
Take care Everyone,
brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D13-oQOwMp0

Offline TimBo

Re: 6 foot shot / harvest of a deer
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 05:18:11 pm »
That's pretty cool. I just got busted by a doe this morning in my blind, and was thinking it was a bit too close...guess not!  (I went back and added some limbs this afternoon after watching this video.)  Thanks for all of your videography!

Offline HH~

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 11:36:47 am »
shot a nice buck at about 4ft away off ground on a knee. Was kneeling next to a big sycamore stump. If you can get ready and drawn early it can work fne.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 04:07:39 pm »
Maybe he was coming over to say hi :)

People around here used to feed the wild ducks during the summer and they got quite friendly.  I was out one time right as the season opened and was just getting into my boat to go out when a mallard came flying right up to me and landed maybe 20 yards out.  I was sitting there right out in the open with my shotgun in my hands but couldn't find it in my heart to shoot this duck.  There's just something wrong about shooting someones pet.  The ministry passed a law against feeding ducks not long after
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com