Author Topic: Twas the day before Opening Day of Firearm Big Game season  (Read 1312 times)

Offline BrianS

Twas the day before Opening Day of Firearm Big Game season
« on: November 20, 2020, 03:26:05 pm »
Hello Everyone,
Saturday is opening day of big game firearm season. While I am disappointed that the early archery season is ending, I am excited about the opening day. I hunt with all sorts of methods (Selfbows, Trad Bows, Cross Bows, Shotguns and Flintlocks) and enjoy each. I've been hunting for many many years and still get excited about the Opening Day of Firearm season. This year, my Grandson will be joining me. Don't blink Life goes by quicker than you think, Seems like not that long ago I was his age and heading out with my old smoothbore looking for a deer. Here is the link to a video I made titled "Twas the day before Opening Day". Looks like plan b for us but regardless of the outcome, I am sure we will have a good time.
Take care,
brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emrwAy3rEdY

Offline JEB

Re: Twas the day before Opening Day of Firearm Big Game season
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:53:12 am »
Nice job Brian.  Enjoy you videos.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 08:57:14 am »
Thanks Jen
My grandson and I are out at our plan b spot this morning. So far no deer but there is still the rest of the day for that to change

Offline BrianS

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 08:59:52 am »
Sorry Jeb for the typo Cold fingers and small letters on my cell phone
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:34:05 pm by BrianS »

Offline BrianS

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 05:33:17 pm »
Gave it a good try today. With the lack of action I was very proud of my Grandson for sticking it out. He wants to go back out in the morning so I think he had a good time even though we did not see a deer today.
A short video of where we went hunting today. Real nice spot that a friend let us hunt. I know the deer are there someplace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeQc1T2Ma_w
Take care Everyody,
brian