Author Topic: What's goin on  (Read 6726 times)

Offline Morgan

Re: What's goin on
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 09:28:42 am »
Wal Mart here still has guns and ammo, they are not on display though. There was an announcement on the radio that Walmart made the decision to do that due to civil unrest. You have to look for the rudest most sour looking person you can see in the sporting goods section and ask if they have your choice of ammo so they can huff around and act put out that you asked them to do their job in assisting you.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 10:45:12 am »
Morgan, that seems to be the way most retail works these days. I believe the companies think it's cheaper than trying to teach the associates the proper way to handle customers.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 12:30:51 pm »
I agree, Pat!  Being a gruff Ol' retired MSG though, I tend to not patronize those businesses that do not have good customer service, no matter how large or small >:D!  A smile and a cheerful "How may I help you" goes a long way with me.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 01:43:59 pm »
Just your standard run-of-the-mill panic buying that happens regularly with the gullible.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 01:57:15 pm »
Let's hope so.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2020, 03:08:44 pm »
I agree 100%, Jerry.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2020, 08:30:19 pm »
I bought a home defense weapon and ammo when the Antifa riots were starting to make the news. This was a year or so before COVID.

We are having a TP shortage right now but I haven't checked the ammo shelves. I'm going to look this weekend.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2020, 12:07:00 am »
Any thing I say might be construed as being political, but ranger wrapped 30 round mags might be a precaution >:D (lol) (-P (-P
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2020, 06:25:24 am »
I still have ammo, arrows and toilet paper. We have always stocked up on them.  Never good to run out.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2020, 07:41:18 am »
On customer service; I remember when a trip to the tool section at Sears was like stepping into heaven, the older guys that worked the department knew their stuff and where to find everything.

Fast forward 20 years and the slick faced 20 somethings that worked the department didn't know a phillips head screwdriver from a torx head. They would cluster around the register flirting with the cute 20 something gals working there and completely ignore customers. They literally didn't know where anything was, nothing, and would lead you on a wild goose chase up and down the isles looking until they gave up and you were on your own.

During this time Sears outsourced their tool production from the US to China and that was that as far a quality went. I was once proud to own "Craftsman" tools, now the brand didn't mean a thing.

Fortunately all my older tools are from the pre China days and are still something special to me.

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2020, 10:53:49 am »
On customer service; I remember when a trip to the tool section at Sears was like stepping into heaven, the older guys that worked the department knew their stuff and where to find everything.

Fast forward 20 years and the slick faced 20 somethings that worked the department didn't know a phillips head screwdriver from a torx head. They would cluster around the register flirting with the cute 20 something gals working there and completely ignore customers. They literally didn't know where anything was, nothing, and would lead you on a wild goose chase up and down the isles looking until they gave up and you were on your own.

During this time Sears outsourced their tool production from the US to China and that was that as far a quality went. I was once proud to own "Craftsman" tools, now the brand didn't mean a thing.

Fortunately all my older tools are from the pre China days and are still something special to me.

I weed out the hardware staff by asking for a metric crescent wrench and gauging their response  ;D
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2020, 11:55:31 am »
Those are next to the left handed widgets and sky hooks! >:D (lol). Time to look for tools made in USA.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2020, 01:33:38 pm »
Meso, I have a metric crescent wrench. I lost a $5 bet with my Snap-On salesman years ago when he bet me he had one. It was marker metric on one side and standard on the other.  >:(  I still have it.  :OK

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2020, 06:00:27 pm »
Meso, I have a metric crescent wrench. I lost a $5 bet with my Snap-On salesman years ago when he bet me he had one. It was marker metric on one side and standard on the other.  >:(  I still have it.  :OK

;D ;D ;D

I suppose I better go back to asking for a left handed smoke shifter or a magnetic infindibulator.
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Flyonline

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2020, 09:03:54 pm »
Long weights/waits are also good  (lol)

"Hey Mac, can you go out the back and see if the long weight I ordered has come in yet?"  :OK