Author Topic: Hunting with the Hedge 2020-21  (Read 70876 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Hunting with the Hedge 2020-21
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2021, 04:26:40 pm »
Second pick and canning today. Beets are good and good for ya!

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2021, 09:55:51 am »
July brings the good stuff. Got some more chantrellles and sauted them over gas flame with some shallots and fresh butter then, ate a bunch fresh picked and made an omelet with the rest. If there is a selfbow happy hunt ground I hope it tastes like this.

Grabbed a few blackberries I missed other day. These late giants are purty taste.

Headed out to Pappy's after I cut my hunt farm. Have about 6-8 acres of grass to get done. We been getting lots of thunder showers everyday now for a week or more and today its gonna dry out then more of the same. Got to get this property cut TODAY.

Shawn
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:02:52 am by HH~ »

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2021, 09:09:32 pm »
Well the Selfbow men made a name for themselves today at IBO. most ever shooting. Was a great time I shot with the the Great Jack Rudy, 80 yrs old and the inaugural Inductee to as the 2021 Ambassador of Traditional Archery. We had a great time shooting with him as i have known him for about ten years. Wonderful man.

The Last man standing shoot is where the entire crowd of about 120 folk all types of bows shoot at a selected target where they keep moving the ranges out further and further. They call watch ring must be in then eliminate everyone thats out. proud to say the Hedge was they only Selfbow man left in the last 15 archers who were all shooting metal barebows and they finally knocked me out after the sixth round. Not easy to hang with them folks at all.

Shootin Straight