Author Topic: tn classic  (Read 16310 times)

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
tn classic
« on: May 05, 2008, 08:21:29 am »
hi everyone ,this robustus.i would just like to say  that i had the most fantastic time at the shoot there. the flint knapping was great,also the course was too.but more than anything the folks that i met were great!!! i will have to say  it was the best shoot ive ever been to. pappy you ,your work crew, and primitive archer very supportive and helped everybody. i got to see people i havent seen in years and meet new archer buddys.look for me next year for sure.      james p.   robustusmagnon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: tn classic
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 01:22:23 pm »
Glad you, Becca and Gabrial made it James...and also glad to see ya'll out and about again. We have missed ya'll!  ;) 8)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:20:54 pm »
James, it was sure good to see you, Becca, and Gabriel again. Can't believe how much that young'un has grown.  Enjoyed beating on some rocks with you again-like Pat said, the shoots just ain't been the same lately without y'all there.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 03:15:27 pm »
It was a pleasure meeting you both James, my wife really likes the neck knife I bought with becca's awesome quill work on it :)
Loved your dog hair hat also :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:37:10 pm »
James, it was great to meet you and family! Your knapping tallents are awesome! Hopefully next year it won't be quite so hectic and I'll have more time to watch and learn. I want to see you make one of them Danish daggers ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cracker

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:40:54 pm »
Dear friends I thouroughly enjoyed myself at the Classic. Everry one there was just great Finest bunch of people I've ever met even you Dana. I look forward to seeing all of you next year. If I ain't there come and look for me cause something is bad wrong.
You're friend forever .
The Cracker
Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 05:28:50 pm »
yes it was a great time.if a man could not enjoy himself there ,then there would be something wrong with him. im glad to have met all you guys from p.a.... and cowboy i will make sure i show you some stages of manufacture of the  danish daggers and square sectioned axe,s next time i see you. indirect percussion( punch work)  i think your gonna like it a lot. bring a few staight moose antler tines with you ,you will need them  ,ill bring eveything else..hillbilly hope you liked the quartzite and rhyolite savannas... talk to all you fellers later.............   james............robustus

Dingleberry

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 07:11:36 pm »
Hey James,  Thanks for taking the time to teach me a whole lot.  My brain is super saturated with info right now; hopefully I can retain some. ;D  Great to meet you and your fam. and look forward to seeing yall in the future.  It was great to knap with everyone there and I learned somethin from everybody.

p.s.-be careful with those crazy folk you run into on your mtn.

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 07:22:32 pm »
thanks db ,in glad we hang out ,and smackes on some stone . all those guys in the pit were a hoot    james

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 10:30:22 pm »
  James, I'm really glad yall made it. It's always fun when we get together and hope you make that hunt in June. Maybe you can show me some good rocks for breaking windows ;D ;).
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 11:34:53 pm »
wish i could have been there with all the old timers... ;D sounds like a good place to be
Modern Day Tramp

Offline david w.

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 12:05:38 am »
their not oldtimers just "well aged" like a fine wine ;D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 01:53:41 am »
Hunter, you and David would have loved it there.  Everyone was willing to help and teach anyone who wanted to learn.
  I never knapped before and with the help of Hillbilly and a couple others, made my first point while I was there.  It ain't perfect, but I'll have it on the end of one of my cane arrows this fall.
 You both should make plans to try to make it down some time.  I know it would be an event you would look forward to every year after.  Saw Filer

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 03:10:35 am »
 Hey ! That's about the best "First point" I ever saw.I'd lash that on in a minute and take it huntin'. Good work.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 09:55:31 am »
Just to add to all of the good reports, I, too, enjoyed the Tennessee Classic once again.  Although I missed out on the nightly knap-ins, I thoroughly enjoyed making bows, hearing my first attempt, "The Knotty Girl" blow up and making a nice bow out of an elm stave I bought from SawFiler.  Pappy, Greg, and all the Twin Oaks boys and girls really know how to put on a great event.  To those of you around the country who have never been to this event, you are missing out on one of the great bow-building events in the U. S.  It was nice to get to meet Mullet, JP, Cowboy, Pat B, and all the other guys that I have been reading posts from all of these years.  I promise to be a more active contributor to the message board.

Dan Spier