Author Topic: tn classic  (Read 16312 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: tn classic
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 11:57:00 am »
OK, David - I'll see if I can dig out the Cahokia/Ishi one when I get home and head it your way.
 That sounds like a good event down there in GA Dan, would love to make it sometime. We do jobs down there some times - hopefully the  planets and stars align at the right time one day ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 10:27:09 pm »
  I'll plan ahead and get in the river next time before I come up.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Little John

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 12:53:31 am »
James, nice meeting you and thanks for trying to help me with the knapping really liked your hat and was really fun shooting the course with you. Hope to see you next year.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 02:31:28 pm »
Cowboy,
You really ought to come to Pappy's TN. Classic.  It is one of the great bowbuilding and now flintknapping events in the country.  Where is Springtown, TX?

Dan

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 02:57:10 pm »
Dan, he was there! Had a great time breaking rock with him.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 03:18:55 pm »
                                           Springtown is a Nice Small Town about 30 miles  Northwest of Fort Worth
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 05:57:10 pm »
Yessir! You said it Destructo ;D. It ain't a bad town but I'm still a little partial to Bridgeport. That's where I grew up and it's smaller yet.
 Dan, If you were at the classic - I probably bumped into ya. I'm terrible with names, show yerself - I'll probably have one of those ahha moments :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2008, 12:37:07 pm »
Dan and Cowboy, We all ate lunch together Sunday morning at the Classic...at least I think that was ya'll!    ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 09:45:05 am »
Ahha! I think I know who Dan is now ;D.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 10:58:18 am »
Here he is Cowboy ,hard at work as usually at the Classic,one of the hardest workers there.
He stays at it the whole time.Works up a really big sweat. :) ;) ;D
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2008, 12:55:37 pm »
Yup, that's who I was thinking about - glad to meet ya Dan ;D.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 02:19:26 pm »
Hey Cowboy,
I was wanting to do something with that point you gave me. Would it be considered a knife? Sorry for my lack of knowing much on the flintknapping...just wanted to do it justice! Maybe an osage handle? What would you suggest? :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 02:37:03 pm »
Yeah, Greg - I think that would make a fine knife :). I didn't have anything in mind while I was knapping it, but it's too big to be any kind of projectile I would think, unless your into atlatl's but even then it's not very pointy on the tip. I'd put some of that osage you ripped up the other day on it for a handle, would think you could skin any critter in them parts with it ;D.

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 12:42:17 am »
Thanks for filing in the blanks for me too Pappy.  Nice to meet you Dan and finally put a name/handle to a face.

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 01:30:01 am »
Hey! I remember you too Dan!!! Didn't get much of a chance to talk though. I was like you. Totally into bow building.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill