Author Topic: States where government is very hands off???  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Jakesnyder

States where government is very hands off???
« on: January 01, 2021, 09:44:54 am »
      My family and I are ready to move out of Pennsylvania. Our views on alot of things do not line up with how governor wolf is running things and we see it only getting worse.
     Also we want to move to a more agricultural state where we can sort of homestead.
    The states we are looking at are kentucky and southern ohio.  But we are not limited to these states. I'd love some input maybe from folks that live in ohio or Kentucky and there input on how free they are to do what they want of corse within the law...
    Thanks!!!

Offline mmattockx

Re: States where government is very hands off???
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 12:44:18 pm »
I can't comment on any particular state, being a Canuck and all, but others have asked these questions before you and compiled information on the answers.

https://www.freedominthe50states.org/

https://www.mercatus.org/system/files/Freedom_in_the_50_States.pdf

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/how-free-is-your-state-the-nations-most-libertarian-states

If you want more a web search on 'US state freedom ranking' or similar will pull up lots of info to look at.

Mark

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 08:47:18 pm »
Missouri is pretty hands off. Lot of diverse landscape options too depending on which part you go to
In the woods I find my peace

Offline Morgan

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 10:14:14 pm »
Oklahoma is solid, as is Texas. We have an awful lot of folks coming from states where the state economy has failed or taxes / cost of living is too high. My sincere hope is they don’t bring the mindset that got their home states into the mess they are in, and ruin our economy, cost of living, and taxes

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 11:09:19 pm »
Missouri was my first thought too

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 01:07:12 pm »
I live in Kansass but I prefer Missouri.

Offline HH~

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 07:11:20 pm »
Puerto Rico or DC.Oh, there not states til next month.

Tennessee sucks to many Kali and NYCers here.

Thinkin SD, WY or ID is the place.

HH~

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline JEB

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 08:08:34 am »
That's a big move and lots of things to consider. The main thing I would look at is the weather.  For me warm is good.

I know if it was just me and I had no family I would moved to southern New Mexico. Las Cruces.

Offline HH~

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:57 pm »
Not place is safe after today I'm afraid. Dig in where yer at.

HH

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 08:29:05 pm »
My wife and I have had this same conversation. We have been thinking South Dakota. We are having issues understanding how some people just don't like freedom. Good luck with your quest
Eric

Offline HH~

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 08:45:47 pm »
Theres more non SD folks in Rapid City than natives. Good luck there. Kali folks be running that town soon enough. Maybe in Yankton?

Hot Springs is full of non Natives too

No hiding after 6 Jan 2021. Half this nation is seeing what our elected officials are like under duress.
Spineless

HH~

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 06:35:16 am »
Not sure where that would be Jakesnyder, no matter where you go their is some problems, one thing I do know is this thread is likely to turn bad, so lets keep it on the question at hand, have a good day. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 07:18:59 am »
That's a big move and lots of things to consider. The main thing I would look at is the weather.  For me warm is good.

I know if it was just me and I had no family I would moved to southern New Mexico. Las Cruces.

Heh.  For me warm is bad.  I can't imagine living where there is no winter.  Both my wife and I love winter although the crisp cold of -30 doesn't turn my crank anymore, well actually the crisp cold of -20 doesn't do much for me anymore either  ;D but I still like winter.....
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JEB

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 08:11:28 am »
Nice thing abut New Mexico is that you can travel north to the mountains and go snow skiing and then go back home put your shorts on and go look for arrowheads on the desert.

I think my suggestion is based on what I like to do and that's hunt arrowheads and metal detect the desert. I stayed home this winter because of the covid thing.

Offline JEB

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 09:36:23 am »
Your right BUT you are only on the desert 8 hrs a day. I sold my trailer and stay at an extended stay hotel and you do go out into the public to shop, get gas etc.  At 71 I can't take any chances.

Again IF I was alone I would be out there but I am not. I get really sick then my son has to deal with coming out there.