Author Topic: States where government is very hands off???  (Read 5748 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: States where government is very hands off???
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 01:30:14 pm »
You should research the laws in the states you are interested in and do some visiting and scouting.  What is your impression of the people, what are your beliefs, and there is no one " perfect" place, just some that fit better.  If folks are friendly and welcoming where you are, they likely will be the same where you go.  Don't just pack up and leave, the devil you get may be worse than the one you left behind!  Also, be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 03:22:16 pm »
True!  That is why you don't want to be part of the problem!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Strichev

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 12:22:21 pm »
Come to Eastern Europe - preferrably Balkans.  We have losts of laws, but abiding to them can be rather optional. :P

Offline Morgan

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 01:41:16 pm »
If folks are friendly and welcoming where you are, they likely will be the same where you go. 

Unless you are looking at my frozen corner of the country.  Natives here have a history of disliking of those 'from away', as we found when we got here.  (To be honest this is more true in some communities than in others.)

There is a reason for this. Same could be said if the native Americans before European arrival. “Natives” have a generations long history of making a place their home. Learning the place, and changing themselves to suit it so they can prosper. This involves tailoring laws and political climate to suit their needs and beliefs of what is right. A People that have generations invested in this can have it taken away in a blink through mass migration. Usually people migrate for financial reasons, sometimes just because they like the area. I am so open to people moving to better their life, but those people need to take a hard look at why things are not the way they want them at home. If a different place is far and away better, then they have something going that works, something that took a lot of time and effort through trial and error to put in place. That is why it is better than where they came. Yet many many people that migrate bring the mindset and political leanings that made where they are from unbearable. I do not believe new residents should be able to vote in local / state elections for a number of years because of this.

I want what I wrote above to be received in a politically neutral way. More of a respect the ways and climate of where you are moving, rather than an I need to change everything these people worked for because i see it different sort of way. It is about respect and an understanding of you seeked out the change not them, so their ways should not be the ways that change. If another state offered better opportunity for my family, I would consider moving. I however would not want to change even one ingredient of what made that better opportunity possible.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 01:53:13 pm by Morgan »

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2021, 12:14:39 am »
Well said! 
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2021, 12:40:32 am »

[/quote]

I do not believe new residents should be able to vote in local / state elections for a number of years because of
[/quote]

This 100%. A friend of my wife and mine live in a small city in Utah. New residents to the town will not be issued permit to start a business until that have lived there for several years to prevent opening up of your random “Jersey Mike” sub shop. If this could only be applied to voting.
Eric

Offline HH~

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2021, 07:58:40 am »
Prolly won't matter now where you go in USA . . . .

The Woke-Topians will find you wherever your dug in.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2021, 04:45:50 pm »
Hopefully Governors well still have enough power to keep the federal government hands off
In the woods I find my peace

Offline HH~

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2021, 05:42:42 pm »
Thinking a whaling village of Argentina maybe worth a look after the last few daze. The next 10 days will really test the American people as to which way the Republic will go.

And we thought Woke Topians would fracture. Hahaha you bbout to see the Re Birth of the Bull Moose Party cept this new Moose will be a guy from FL. You are going to witness a guy they tried to toss out become bigger than his own ego and the Wokes will have built that individual. I see Huge Rallys every month prolly starting in April-May. Pay for Rally's, with football ticket pricing selling out coast to coast 20-80,000  seat empty stadiums filled with the Boyz in Red.

South Island of NZ is nice. Hunt year round, surf, fly fish and eat mutton. Whats not to like about that.

Lovin this stuff. Got to break a few eggs to make a western.

MAPA

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline pumarchery

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2021, 11:44:17 pm »
Don't worry about all this fancy politics talk eh, bows and arrows were around before all that, could well be it will be around long after that's all gone (;  (no offense y'all)
So, look for pretty bits of nature, that's useful for bowyers and fletchers, maybe stone to knap if that's ur thing, to me at least that would be the ideal place to live.

Wherever there's bowwood in abundance, maybe good wood or cane or boo for arrows. If possible, birches, for bark. Nice temperate weather so u can shoot allot. Perhaps somewhere with plenty flint ot stone for arrowheads. Some ranges so u can shoot with fellow archers. What more can a simple bowyer want?

P.s. if u ever find that place let me know (= !
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:50:06 pm by pumarchery »

Offline HH~

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2021, 08:14:33 am »
Yep, all that and just to live like a free man.

Shawn~

Offline HH~

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2021, 08:36:56 am »
Next 10 days are going scramble some eggs. When they read what was on the 80yr old Chickens laptop from CA it's going to shock the weak of heart.

When you hear the funny noise on your radio and TV in the next 10 days don't panic. Just the sound of Freedom ringing out.

Shawn~

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2021, 12:24:00 pm »
Your assuming the media will allow anything to come out
In the woods I find my peace

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2021, 12:33:01 pm »
Seems like we are off topic, and getting very political!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Morgan

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2021, 12:47:27 pm »
Seems like we are off topic, and getting very political!
Hawkdancer
Yeah.