Author Topic: Brother in law wanted one  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Brother in law wanted one
« on: January 04, 2021, 02:15:06 pm »
I feel really good about this lace one. Brother in law said he really liked the look of it when I spalled it off last night so today I made him a point from it! From flake to finished piece it followed the programming and I only had a couple hinges to deal with from not getting enough in pressure before popping down. The red guy though I don’t like. It snapped and I tried to save it and lost motivation and it’s now in my chunk pile. Could save it but it’s under an inch wide now and not gonna be a hunter soooo trash.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
Re: Brother in law wanted one
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 02:49:42 pm »
The red one would be a good bunny point, it would do a lot of damage but no big deal if it is lost or broken.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 04:05:46 pm »
Nice point

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 06:32:16 pm »
I’ve got some obsidian from the butts just like the dark one with the clear streaks. It’s my favorite obsidian to work. Seems like some strong stuff and not so easy to crush.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 09:13:09 am »
Yeah it knapped really well! My favorite though is the red with clear and black lace. Actually, I think dacite is.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.