Author Topic: about this site  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Tradslinger

• Trad hunt, fish, metal detect, reload, garden, Vet
about this site
« on: January 07, 2021, 11:52:28 am »
love it except... for the visually impaired, the verification letters can be very very hard to see much less discern. I understand the reasoning behind it but it sure makes it very tough for me to post

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
Re: about this site
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 12:57:30 pm »
You only have to do that for the first few times.

Welcome to the site, are you a bowyer, archer, hunter, flint knapper, or just starting them all? :)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 01:15:58 pm »
Welcome aboard!  We like pictures and questions!  Now and then there is some humor and maybe a friendly joke!  The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.  The folks have lots of expertise to share!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Tradslinger

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 03:07:58 pm »
Been shooting bows since the mid 60's where I started with the simple wooden bow as a kid and then the Ben Pearson fiberglass. tried making bows even then and did, just junk. Been bow hunting since mid 70s. Have shot just about everything, did the compound thing but the stick n string always called to me. So been shooting recurves and longbows since the 80s. did some 3 D shoots for a year or two but went to bowfishing hard and bowhunting. 1st bow build was a red oak board bow. 2nd was a not so great piece or actually 2 pieces of osage that I backed with bamboo from behind the house. those two were a little too light and so are the wife's. The last and best one (for me) was a red oak board bow backed with bamboo, it is actually a little heavy for me at 50lbs. I have a couple of Osage staves that I haven't started yet. Am a little crippled up in one foot and get shots here and there in one of my eyes plus just got a cornea transplant that is slowly healing and very cloudy right now. made river cane arrows for real this summer. made them as a kid with the homemade bows. just an older guy that loves trad, both shooting and hunting, just had some really hard milage on the body and can't get around as easily. 45 lbs is about my max now. For me, I have to slow down and take my time more in the tillering. I have and shoot recurves and longbows plus self bows. about 5 years ago my eyesight began failing me, Macular degeneration. plus as I found out a few months ago, a sagging cornea. this threw my depth perception off and I didn't think that I could shoot again. I shoot 3 finger split and instinctive. but, the eye sight is getting better.

Offline HH~

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 03:20:35 pm »
Great your still at it. Hope you enjoy the site. Get a copy of the magazine. Very nice read and pictures.

Shawn
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 12:21:20 am »
Keep on drawing and shooting!  Draw weight may have to drop a bit, but may the last shot count!  Old is 40 years older than we will ever be >:D!  Good to hear the eyesight is improving.  Good luck!
Many of us have traveled some hard roads and packed a heavy rucksack, some more than others!  But we're still shooting!  Keep smiling, they'll wonder what the heck you're up to!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Tradslinger

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 05:19:09 am »
Keep on drawing and shooting!  Draw weight may have to drop a bit, but may the last shot count!  Old is 40 years older than we will ever be >:D!  Good to hear the eyesight is improving.  Good luck!
Many of us have traveled some hard roads and packed a heavy rucksack, some more than others!  But we're still shooting!  Keep smiling, they'll wonder what the heck you're up to!
Hawkdancer
Yep, some of us have been thru the mill and ran over. things like a ruptured brain aneurysm, heart attack, Gran Mau seizures, several strokes, motorcycle wrecks and falling out of trees before you are 40 tend to create some challenges. but been very blessed to work hard enough to get to where I am. learn not to take things for granted. So I am a little low at tackling some things because I have to get my brain wrapped around it and work up to it. but eventually I do.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 05:44:39 am »
Welcome to the site, I think you will enjoy it.  :)As was said before the verification will go away after a few post.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 06:30:22 am »
Welcome

Offline Tradslinger

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 07:10:57 am »
Welcome to the site, I think you will enjoy it.  :)As was said before the verification will go away after a few post.  ;)
 Pappy
[/quotite] it did, thanks. sure is easier now