Author Topic: The Wife got a phone call  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Tradslinger

• Trad hunt, fish, metal detect, reload, garden, Vet
The Wife got a phone call
« on: January 10, 2021, 02:39:33 pm »
So we were on our way home from church today when my wife got a phone call from our neighbor. They are elderly and pretty much stay to themselves with no kids or family around. They have gardened for years and have a great garden. And has been the problem, they have put a ton of work into it and the deer keep getting into it. We thinned out a young buck earlier for them, or the wife did with a rifle. But now, another young deer has been camping out in the garden. So they wanted to know it I could still bowhunt and woould try to take it out. Our season goes on until Feb 28th so it is still season. So I may yet get to harvest a trad deer this season. I will have to use a hang on stand about a foot off the ground in a big bushy cedar and keep my shot to 12-15 yards max because I am still weak but oh well. Hunting maybe 100 yards from the back door, per request of a neighbor. If I do harvest it, they will get the meat, I will get the experience and be thrilled.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: The Wife got a phone call
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 03:22:23 pm »
Good luck with that, always good to help out a neighbor. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 03:25:45 pm »
Get him.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 08:39:56 pm »
It's nice to be a good neighbor, lol

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 10:41:16 pm »
A real neat way to be neighborly!  Good luck and save the hide! >:D (lol) (SH) :-D.  I bet they wouldn't mind if you kept a couple steaks!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry