Author Topic: Slate Turkee Callers  (Read 1404 times)

Offline BrianS

Slate Turkee Callers
« on: January 16, 2021, 11:18:09 am »
Hello Everybody,
Many of you know Kevin aka Buffalo Gobbler. Even if you have not met Kevin, you may have read some of the articles he has written for Primitive Archer magazine. He is very generous and a talented woodworker and a all around good guy. Kevin stopped by today and we put together this video about Slate Turkey Calls. He is in the process of starting up a new Youtube channel for Call Makers and Turkey Hunters. I am anxious to see what he does.
Anyways, here is the video link from today that I put together for my Poverty Hill Adventures channel.
Take care, brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TfaBsB9O_o

Offline HH~

Re: Slate Turkee Callers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 11:44:04 am »
Wow just really nice slates. Very pretty and sound nice.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 09:06:22 pm »
I have one of his box calls. Has a naturally sweet tone to it that gobblers here in the Black Hills just love.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 05:55:29 am »
Another good video Brian. Beautiful calls.  I have many slabs of different type rock. I may have to try and make a call using one of those slabs.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 09:15:38 am »
Thanks Guys.
I am very blessed to have several friends with all sorts of skills and knowledge. Kevin is one of them. If hang around with them long enough, maybe some of it may get absorbed into my thick head. I am not sure exactly why I have been making all these videos but it is has been fun (especially the ones with friends in them). Please have the best day you can and thanks for the kind words.
brian
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 09:21:44 am by BrianS »

Offline BrianS

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 07:30:07 am »
While Kevin and I were in the garage, I mean (the brand new spare no expense video studio), We filmed another video about crow calls. Here is the link. We would have made it a little longer but the garage (I mean video studio) is not heated and it was getting pretty cold. The Coleman lantern video lighting system also ran out of fuel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCot1AYjBJc