Author Topic: So I am finding out that this Post Covid Pheunomia can be wicked  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Tradslinger

• Trad hunt, fish, metal detect, reload, garden, Vet
been fighting this with my left lung, can't quite kick it. was on my second round of steroids and antibiotics. So have stepped up the vitamins etc. I don't feel terrible, just have that nagging feeling in that lung and cough a lot. my ankles and feet have been swelling a lot so it has been water pills for them. from what I could see, some people get hit super hard with this and it can be devastating. Sure hope you guys are doing good. Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: So I am finding out that this Post Covid Pheunomia can be wicked
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 09:32:05 am »
Jerry, a young friend of ours got CoVid early on in the pandemic. She tested negative but her doctor told her she definitely had CoVid. Even now, almost a year later she has lung problems, heart problems, memory problems and more. There are other folks that have no symptoms or adverse affects at all. It is basically a crap shoot. I do hope you can recover fully and can recover soon.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Tradslinger

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 10:33:41 am »
Jerry, a young friend of ours got CoVid early on in the pandemic. She tested negative but her doctor told her she definitely had CoVid. Even now, almost a year later she has lung problems, heart problems, memory problems and more. There are other folks that have no symptoms or adverse affects at all. It is basically a crap shoot. I do hope you can recover fully and can recover soon.
Thank you Pat. Hopefullt mine won't be so terrible. Meanwhile I am doing what I can and not letting it ruin my life. hoping that it will warm up quickly so I can drag my vise outside in the sun, have a new virgin Shinto to try out a little bit. Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 10:46:49 am »
Warm sunshine is good for the body and the soul, Jerry.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 04:41:50 am »
I know it sucks but I'd avoid saw dust in the lungs for a while

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 10:51:18 pm »
I actually just had covid, i got it really easy i feel but thats probably because im super young. Just a fever for a few days and flu like symptoms. now my friend (hes older) said it was like trying to breath out of a straw full of thick molasses and that its still messing with him.

I hope you recover and your doing ok!!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Tradslinger

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 05:31:59 am »
I actually just had covid, i got it really easy i feel but thats probably because im super young. Just a fever for a few days and flu like symptoms. now my friend (hes older) said it was like trying to breath out of a straw full of thick molasses and that its still messing with him.

I hope you recover and your doing ok!!
yes, the breathing can be quite challenging. I also had a deep sore spot on my lowe left lung that only hurt when I breathed in deep or fully exhaled. most of the time, just breathing in a deeper breath, especially quickly was like breathing in artic air. not to be taken lightly, I thought that I was over it but it was never totally knocked out. from what I have seen around here now, even young people in their 20's can get massive lung damage it not fully treated quickly. I sure hope that you and your friend recover quickly and get well

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 01:15:10 pm »
Plus 1 with GlisGlis!  And Pat B!  A bit of wood carving likely would be ok, but wear a mask!  And I hope you and Russel and others recover quickly and completely,
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Tradslinger

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 02:24:16 pm »
Plus 1 with GlisGlis!  And Pat B!  A bit of wood carving likely would be ok, but wear a mask!  And I hope you and Russel and others recover quickly and completely,
Hawkdancer
appreciate it very much. the mask for sure as well as getting my work area closer to the door where I can actually move the work out side under the overhang to work and keep the dust etc outside. yeah, doing my best not to set anthing back with this problem.  :BB

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 12:04:05 am »
Russell,
Guess we can kiss off the hunts for this season!  I get my first shot 1Feb, and the deer didn't even cooperate,  haven't seen any birds when I had a weapon, maybe the light geese will be easier!  Got a 20 gauge barrel for my Hawken and shot and wads!  Get well!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

bownarra

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 12:35:38 pm »
For those of you who want to be in control of your helath and not just be 'hoping' check out a guy called Wim Hof. You don't need it to 'warm up' you need to improve your cardiovascual system :) and its really quite easy :)
All his claims regarding the method have any been backed up and confirmed multiple times in many studies.....before anyone dismisses him.
Have fun :)

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 10:54:08 am »
The best defense against any virus is a strong immune system.  Eat healthy, get regular exercise, take vitamins, probiotics, be proactive. I hope all is well with everyone.