Author Topic: Tribute to Half Eye  (Read 18655 times)

Offline dlhamblin

Tribute to Half Eye
« on: April 24, 2019, 02:28:58 pm »
Hey everyone!

Not sure you all know that Half Eye passed away last weekend.  He was a dear friend and a regular contributor to this site.  His expertise and detailed advice about bows and many primitive topics will be sorely missed.  He was diagnosed with lung cancer and was awaiting treatment options.  So sad that he is not with us..............but if you are like me..............his spirit and upfront candor will live on through me and my craft.  Every time a make a small hunting point (i called them girly points to Half Eye) I will chuckle a bit and feel his presence.  Hope many of you feel the same way.  Pray for Donna and the family during this time of great loss.

Sincerely on behalf of my dear friend Half Eye.

Dan Hamblin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Tribute to Half Eye
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 04:00:02 pm »
Don, why don't you write an article for PA Magazine about Rich. I'm sure you can get lots of info and examples of Rich's work from members here. I'd be pleased to send you pics of the 3 bows Rich sent me. PA Magazine is always looking for articles and one about Rich would be appreciated.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline dlhamblin

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 09:14:16 am »
Agree Pat B.   Let me know if there is anything I can contribute to an article.  Thanks for bringing up the idea.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 09:37:57 am »
Since you knew Rich so well why don't you write it?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 05:48:40 pm »
Pat,
        If you mean me, I am a terrible writer and wouldn't know how to begin...I would be glad to contribute any info I can or pictures...Just got of the phone with Donna 5 minutes ago and she is doing as well as to be expected...She will be moving to N.Carolina before winter arrives...Right now she is surrounded by family and friends...They had his memorial service today...I will think more on this, thanks Pat...
                                                                                                      Don
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:52:50 pm by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 06:56:58 am »
I just want to say I think it's a nice idea to write a article for PA. I also want to say it's very easy to submit one. Even a old farmer who almost failed English class and had to take Composition class twice can do it. Still don't remember a thing about that class other than I didn't like it or the teacher.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 06:54:56 pm »
Good idea rich even wrote a book on fishing lures too JeffW I miss that guy

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 07:29:11 pm »
i just saw this and it saddens me. May his memory be eternal. George
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 09:11:48 pm »
An article would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.  We have proof readers so just write from your heart - the rest is taken care of.  bjrogg is correct we love articles from the readers, perfection is not the goal.. Heart is.
Calendargirl
marie
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 06:44:33 pm »
How about a major collaboration,,,,from any one here ? Just sayin,,JeffW

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 04:25:53 am »
I don't know how I missed this, haven't been spending as much time on PA site lately. Rich was a special individual. He always took time to answer questions and share his wealth of knowledge, and his workmanship was particular and exact. He will be missed.
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 11:39:53 pm »
I haven't been on the site in months...
I have nothing but tears at this time. The reason I got on here was to see what Rich has done lately.
Rich and I used to talk for an hour or more on the phone. I would call him for advice on a regular basis.
Now and then he would complain that the little woman would get on him about spending too much time on his projects...That's the only smile I can get out of this...

God bless his family

Good by my old friend
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

gutpile

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2021, 04:03:35 pm »
just browsing here and saw this sad news.. half eye made a bow for a kid I know.. I made some cane arrows for it.. super nice guy ...RIP brother... gut