Author Topic: Simple SLR, inexpensive, dependable and takes good closeups  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Simple SLR, inexpensive, dependable and takes good closeups
« on: March 13, 2021, 12:15:26 pm »
I don't have a smart phone, don't want one, I am a picture guy and life long photographer, I did a lot of darkroom work as a kid and in the army.

Anyway, I am really behind the times, I have been using a number of 35 year old Kodak DX cameras for all of the pictures I post on my threads, they have Leica lenses in them and even at 5MP they outshine many 10-15 MP cameras made today as far as clarity goes. When my first DX bit the dust after 25 years I bough another one on eBay for less than $20, they were $450 new back in the day. I have since bought 5 of them to replace ones that quit working, I paid 99 cents for one of them.

Today my latest purchase which looked like new quit, I had it for only a few months, I had a spare but it was having issues and quit as well.

So, I am looking to upgrade to a modern easy to use SLR, that I can easily link to my PC.

What do you guys use and recommend?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Simple SLR, inexpensive, dependable and takes good closeups
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 06:11:02 pm »
Eric, I have a Sony cyber-shot compact camera that takes pretty good pics and it was relatively inexpensive. It takes a SD card or can be linked directly to the computer. I set the resolution to 640x480, the lowest setting for posting pics on forums and emailing pics. I probably got it from Wal Mart but I don't remember what it cost.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC