Author Topic: New arrows  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Kidder

New arrows
« on: February 17, 2021, 12:15:52 am »
Did up a batch of arrows. Surewood premium shafts with 4 inch feathers - 2 barred 1 white. Shafts stained walnut and sealed with 2 coats of shellac. I think they turned out kinda sweet! Haven’t cut them to length yet as they are for a friend and I need to have him shoot them and see where the length ends up, but that’ll happen soon enough.

Black Moshannon

Re: New arrows
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 02:52:55 pm »
Those look great. I just made up some surewood shaft Hunter grade arrows myself for field tips and I love them. What brand or type of feather do you use?

Offline Kidder

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 12:13:41 am »
Those look great. I just made up some surewood shaft Hunter grade arrows myself for field tips and I love them. What brand or type of feather do you use?
Thanks! I think they were the true flight shield cut if I recall correctly. I’m really happy with surewood shafts after having only used port orford cedar until recently.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:39:56 pm by Kidder »

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 01:26:12 am »
Nice lookin shafts!  Your friend should be Pleased!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 08:37:08 pm »
Thanks! I think they were the true flight shield cut if I recall correctly. I’m really happy with surewood shafts after having only used port orford cedar until recently.

You will never go back to the glass fragile POC after shooting dougies. I'm buying Carson's shafts exclusively now.  I like buying quality product from a quality person.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 10:06:38 pm »
Those look nice