Author Topic: Everyones best/favorite bow!  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Fox

Re: Everyones best/favorite bow!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 10:46:46 pm »
Ah bloodroot.... I’ve been told about that one before. I’ve got it around I’ll have to try it out... I’ve made some walnut stain but it’s never very dark.. I’d love to see your process!
Why must we make simple things so complicated?

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 12:51:45 pm »
This is go to for hunting. It's got the perfect amount of character and the wiggle above the handle makes it almost center shot. Fumed osage 50#@26".
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 12:53:17 pm »
Another pic that shows the wiggle
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline Fox

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 12:50:09 am »
Love it  :)
Why must we make simple things so complicated?

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2021, 12:08:12 pm »
That's a very nice bow; it makes me wish I had osage here.

Warbird's Wing is my favorite bow so far, we'll see if I can do even better with the sister stave ;D
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,69704.0.html

Offline HH~

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 11:11:57 am »
Every HedgeHunter that's in my grip in the high country, bottom's, or grasslands. Got to shoot where you look and and must hold an arrow on the shelf. As all great selfbows should.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Kidder

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2021, 01:41:01 am »
Here is my best and of course favorite bow. Only problem is I didn’t build it! I had it commissioned so to speak when I lived in Iowa from my roommates uncle, circa 2004. I don’t recall his name but I believe he was a professional carpenter and I thought he was an aspiring bowyer. However after spending close to the last year looking at every wooden bow ever posted online it is clear to me that he was truly a master. I recall hearing a few years ago that he was kind of surprised it hadn’t blown up given the large knots, especially near the limb edge. Needless to say I’ve only recently learned to appreciate what is clearly a masterpiece. It’s a pyramid style, 5 curve, Osage self bow. 60# at 28 inches. And someday I hope to be able to build a bow that can bend with this one so to speak.

Untitled by B Kidd, on Flickr
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 01:55:20 am by Kidder »