Author Topic: Distance?  (Read 3877 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Distance?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 03:10:49 am »
The Classic falls on the same weekend as our Squirrel Shoot in Colorado - Marshall, MI is about 1,000 miles, Marshall, MO is about 600,  the Montana meet is likely in between.  We are looking into the possibility of holding a primitive/trad bow gathering somewhere in western Nebraska, along I-80.  In the very early stages of thinking.  Of course, the significant others play a major part in the when and how far, and what's in it for me, i.e., are there things I can do if I don't shoot of make bows, arrows, etc, what happens when daylight activities are done!  What amenities are available, how primitive is the site, etc.  The music "CampJam" is in Southern California, about 1,500 miles - 3 day drive.  If the forest is still there.
Hawkdancer

Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2021, 12:18:58 am »
Hawkdancer, I would totally be for a "bow-braska" or a "NEJam" or.... well the name will probably come in the process lol! But seriously, if there is a primitive gathering... you bet your buns ill be there   )P(
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2021, 02:40:34 pm »
Russell,
Right now, I think the talking is trying to get a concept outlined, and what can we do from scratch.  A friend is thinking of having a venue on part of their farm, but it is still in concept stage.  Trying to find a facility that is not overly restrictive is a challenge.  Very likely, it will be a dry camp, but?!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2021, 03:32:08 pm »
All I can say is get to any of them you can.

I would really like to get to MOJAM and also the salt flats. Oh and of coarse to twin oaks.  Someday. On my bucket list.

My busy schedule is the hardest part.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Stoker

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2021, 06:23:25 pm »
bjrogg you are right. You can go if you really want to. I've gone 900 miles a couple of times. From the Saskatchewan border to Vancouver Island for a longbow shoot. Met up with a friend from around there and visited. Made a holiday of it. I don't get a lot of time off but a couple of extra days here and there is a good thing
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 01:48:42 am »
Haven't heard anything about MoJam on here this year, but haven't checked their website either!
Thomas, pm sent, well on the way (lol)!
Jerry