Author Topic: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 21073 times)

Offline jtaylor

Re: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2021, 08:06:14 pm »
The latest PA mag has a full page ad, so it seems pretty solid for May 28-30, 2021.  COVID permitting, ofc.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 03:18:58 pm »
So anyone know if it is happening? Me and My dad are 100% going if it is. We got it all planned out and our schedules are clear.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 04:10:16 pm »
There was a whole page advertising it in the April-May issue I just got.  Hopefully I will get there.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 04:18:51 pm »
There was a whole page advertising it in the April-May issue I just got.  Hopefully I will get there.

Thank you Tradcraftsman!

It would be awesome to see you there and to meet you! hope you can make it!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 04:38:30 pm »
No idea what rules Whitmer will make next though.  I understand that in response to the latest outbreak she made 2-5 year olds start wearing masks regardless of the fact that they aren't the culprits.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 04:29:01 pm »
I’m fully vacated plus had the Covid Which for me was fortunately just very mild symptoms.

I’m going if at all possible. I think the only thing that could possibly stop me is farming. I’m off to a pretty good start though. Got most of my sugar beets planted, hopefully they come up good and get everything else done to.

Bjrogg

PS I think my wife is even more determined to go than I am.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 04:58:57 pm »
Which did you get first ???

I understand recovering from covid is a surefire way to not have to worry about it again for a long time.  A friend of mine just got cleared as negative and is now exempt from testing for the next three months.  Considering the fact that the vaccine is only good for 6 months, that's not bad.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 11:20:53 pm »
I got my first symptoms 6 days after first shot. Tested positive 10 days after. Decided I just want to be done with this stuff and got my second shot 8 days ago.

Now something else will probably get me, but hopefully not the vid.

Bjrogg

PS it’s really going around here now. This variant seems to be spreading much easier. I know a lot of people who had it now. A few hospitalized and recovered, but most just mild symptoms.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2021, 09:03:58 am »
Good to know it's predominantly mild.  Sounds like the vaccine may not work well for the variants.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2021, 10:05:56 am »
I’m not sure how the vaccine works or doesn’t work. I would probably have been infected about the same time I got the vaccine. I wouldn’t have been protected by it yet.

I honestly thought it might have just been side effects. My brother who didn’t have any shots developed symptoms the same day I did so I guess it wasn’t side effects. We both had mild symptoms along with my wife, kids,  and the rest of my family.

My one brother had a bad cough for about three weeks. He wasn’t hospitalized, but he was pretty wiped. Glad he got better.

My 83 year old dad has Alzheimer’s really bad. We didn’t even know he had it until they tested him. He is over the COVID, but he still has the Alzheimer’s.

I know a lot of people who have had it now. Most very mild symptoms, but some really get kicked in the butt. Kinda seems like it effects certain families differently. Like maybe something you’re exposed to in the past might have helped fight this off.

Heck I don’t know. I’m not sure anyone else does either. I’m sure hoping it goes away though.

Bjrogg

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2021, 10:22:48 am »
Farmers seem to be made of though stuff :)  I know of city kids who would freak out over something like that. 

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2021, 10:42:25 am »
I do think we are exposed to lots of germs that probably keep our immune systems pretty up to date.lol

If you saw what I walked through barefooted when I was a kid it would probably gross you right out. At the end of the day I just washed it off with the garden hose.

Bjrogg

Offline chamookman

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2021, 02:21:34 am »
Tip Toein' thru the Tulips BJ  (lol) ! Did the same in My Youth - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2021, 08:52:26 am »
Sorry folks
Due to the worst covid outbreak as yet for Calhoun county We will not be allowed to have the Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous in 2021
Sorry for the inconvenience
Please Pray for our country
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2021, 09:35:12 am »
Wow, the vaccine must be working great!

Whos orders?  The event is still over 5 weeks out, by that time everyone will be over it and immune.  Maybe I'll go to Florida.

Anyway, hope to see you all at the GLLI.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:28:56 pm by tradcraftsman »