Author Topic: Improve your shot  (Read 1569 times)

Offline BrianS

Improve your shot
« on: March 10, 2021, 10:40:48 am »
Hi Everyone,
We have quite a few very good shots at our Archery Club. Among those good shots are some excellent shots. My friend Mark is in my opinion a excellent shot with a traditional bow. For over 20 years I have been impressed with his shooting. I always wondered how he does it. Recently Mark has been helping me with some videos on shooting a bow and yesterday We worked on a aiming video. Like Mark says in the video, Everyone has their own style that works for them and how he does it may not be for Everyone but parts of what he discusses may help some. Here is the link to the video. This video is class six in the bow and arrow instruction at the Backwoods University. Sorry about some of the background chainsaw noise in the video.
Take care,
brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oSpKmUhK-E

Offline HH~

Re: Improve your shot
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 08:57:56 pm »
Trad bow?

We talkin selfbow?

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline BrianS

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 03:53:13 am »
Shawn
To make matters worse, he also is shooting arrows with plastic nocks! I am working on him to start shooting a self bow. Even though he shoots a laminated recurve he is a decent guy and a good friend.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 08:38:45 am »
Yep got lots of good friends that shoot glass, don't make that much difference in the shooting of either, got some good friends that shoot self bows just like they do glass, 3 under ,draw, hold, aim, 1 in particular ::)  although I don't it does work well for them, just kind of hard on a selfbow. Thanks for sharing. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 11:17:05 am »
My glass bows shoot like 6.5 PRC's and just dont do it fer me much any more. They are consistant and if yer gonna run against them shot for shot over a long stretch you better be loading the same kine of bullets on the same kine of bow or you'll be pickin up drag on that dusty ol trail !

Hunt with a couple guys who still shoot glass. One day they will make the jump from the dark side.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW