Author Topic: central oregon bowyers gathering  (Read 20714 times)

Offline juniper junkie

Re: central oregon bowyers gathering
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 01:10:48 pm »
WHAT A BLAST!!!! great people, even better food, good weather. who could ask for more?? we are definitely making this a annual event! lots of pics to come.  I have proof that sunscreen really works (where you put it) ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 01:40:20 pm »
lots of help to those needing it. buffalo with his first shot from his bamboo backed yew, with lots of encouragment. my dog checking out the tiller. :D

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 01:43:37 pm »
Ed Putman was the master of the dutch ovens.

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 01:53:30 pm »
a happy group. it felt like one big happy family ;D

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 04:58:11 pm »
Looks likea fun time Dave! Sign me up for next year. I will do my best to make it. But with the Classic schedule so close its going to be a real toss up!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 09:41:42 pm »
Looks like you had a great time with nice weather, glad it worked out for ya all :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 10:56:10 pm »
This was an awesome event!! There are alot of great stories and pics to come. We stayed an extra day so just got back and have alot of good pics to get down loaded. All four days were filled with gut busting laughing :D and chips flying with occational gourmet food binges  ;D
  We had quite a few first time bow builders and I was very thankfull for JJ, Gordon, Brian B, Dave H. and a few others who helped out to teach and give so much (hands on advice) to those just learning.
 Gordon is going to piece together a thread about many of the things that took place. we even had some primitive fire building demonstrations and several successfull starters.
 This is just a tease of things to come. :o   Keenan

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 11:22:29 pm »
Sure looks warmer than the Buttes gathering!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 11:33:36 pm »
Poor Tony took a lot of abuse this weekend, but the worse was when his nipple ring got caught in the bowstring :o never did find it ;D I bet that is the first time you ever heard someone say at a traditional shoot " hey look for my nipple ring it got ripped out" ;D ;D that is a whole new kind of hurt right there :D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 11:38:02 pm »
 JJ I'm still laughing about that one :D And the seen where he posed for pics with his flame a little to long. ::)

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 11:48:22 pm »
glad you made it back.  here is a pic of cherie with her winnings for the long distance shoot. out of all the "highly skilled" archers there, a woman with a 35# bow is the only one to hit the target at 80 yards ??? even when we did it a second time :o she is still gloting over that. dispite all the work I think I gained weight over the weekend. Keenan must be living right, Gordon gave him the gods valley bow and arrows! goes to show, "what goes around, comes around"

Offline Keenan

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 12:50:25 am »
I'm still staring at the bow in disbelief. It's a sweet shooter and I was able to pull off second place on the distance shoot with it. To see Gordon's work up close is very impressive and to own one of his bows has been a dream come true.The gift moved me to tears and the heart of others as well. People just kept giving away staves and tools for newbies and the generosity of everyone was incredible.
  JJ wife Cherie is a good shot and to see her win was really cool.  ;)We've all been humbled ::)

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 02:10:15 am »
Looks like you guys and gals had a great time. Im sorry I missed it. Hopefully next year. Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline snag

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 07:55:46 pm »
You know how sometimes you arrive at a get together of people and you don't feel quite like you fit in or aren't real welcome....well that WASN'T the case at with this group!!!  Thanks for the hospitality, generosity, and just plain welcoming attitude of everyone.  I wish I could have come earlier in the weekend. Next year!!!  I am really jazzed to get started on one of the staves that was given to me.  This will be my first attempt.  Yep, it was a good weekend.  Sorry I missed out on some of those Dutch oven meals!  The long distance shoots were a kick. (all except the "nipple ring" incident)    Cherie was awesome and showed us all up with the FIRST arrow! Way to go! That put a big smile on my wife's face when I told her about it.  But the best part was getting to met you guys and share some value time centered around a common interest. Thanks to all and I'll be seeing you next May. 
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 02:10:40 am »
I will be there next year! Now, that is if you dont plan on having another in the fall!?!?  I can definatly make that one!!! Good food always draws me in!!!