Author Topic: central oregon bowyers gathering  (Read 20712 times)

Offline juniper junkie

Re: central oregon bowyers gathering
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 03:18:05 am »
Ya know, the weather is always nice here in october?????? maybe we can have another one? kinda like good potato chips...you cant have just one ;D

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 01:24:33 pm »
Looks like you guys had a blast!  Thanks for the pics.  It is great to see them and look to try to figure out who is who.  I have to say the people on this board are very hospitable all over and I hope these different gatherings accross the country start to grow so that more people can exprerience the this kind of kinmanship.  You guys are the best and the patience and welcoming attitude is what draws in new folks.  The pictures and descriptions makes it more exciting to plan for the next year or get together...  ;D
Keenan and Juniper J. thanks for the pics and stories...post more if you have em. 
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 01:53:37 pm »
Count me in! Just set the date and I will be there.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Flashman

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 11:42:05 pm »
Are you guys going to do this again?

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 02:13:06 am »
YES. the dates are may 15,16,17. we will get flyers made and get them online. hope we luck out on the weather again.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 02:14:46 am »
I MAY be able to do this! Though the Tenn. Classic is early in may maybe I can get some more time off from the boss!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Keenan

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 01:18:51 pm »
 Yesterday,  JJ , Buffalo, and Jim H. came over and played on the rock pile a while. JJ was giving napping lessons to Buffalo while I was helping Jim tiller an osage bow. Had fun and working on some of the details for the Central Oregon Bowyers Gathering.  Checked the meadow last weekend and things looked good. There was even someone there with a nice tipi set up on the edge of the meadow.
  We are expecting an even better turn out this year and are planning some real fun stuff. I just made a pair of moccasins for stalking those turkeys and hope to have some more Primitive type apparel as well.   No not the loin cloth ::)
  Lulyn was thinking of maybe painting our horses with some hand prints, spots and lightning bolts and bring them up there for more of the native scene and experience. If the weather looks good, we may do that for some morning rides if people want. we are working on the fliers right now so if you want a flier Pm me or Juniper Junkie with your address and we will get one out to you as soon as they are done.     Keenan