Author Topic: Great news for me  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Tradslinger

• Trad hunt, fish, metal detect, reload, garden, Vet
Great news for me
« on: March 24, 2021, 06:48:33 pm »
Been busy at times working on bows. but went to VA hospital Friday to see the retina doctor. Ended up with a shot in the eye for the macular degeneration but the doc was super excited about how my transplanted cornea was doing. He had said that the transplant would fix a chunk of my vision problems. Now he can see a huge difference in my eye, so much so that he asked to be able to take pics of it for teaching with. Even though my vision is still lousy in that eye, it is already so much better than what it had been. it will take up to a year to get healed. I go that last of April to get the first couple of stitches out of it, has 24 of them. The shot wasn't so great though and is still bothering me. plus I also managed to throw my lower back out again so that has been rough as well. Anyways, this will be a giant help in my shooting abilities in terms of focus and depth perception. The doctor was just blown away by the great improvement, they get used to seeing them just getting worse.  :OK (-S Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Great news for me
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 08:51:05 pm »
Excellent Jerry. Wishing you a quick and complete recovery.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 11:34:52 pm »
Great news, hope the improvements continue. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 01:13:10 am »
Best of luck with the healing!  But watch out for the back - it can make you cranky!  Glad to hear you are a teaching aid!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 11:48:29 pm »
So nice to hear good news once in a while.  Happy to hear this, Jerry.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.