Author Topic: Old Man's Holmegaard replica bow  (Read 10049 times)

Offline PatM

Re: Old Man's Holmegaard replica bow
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 11:22:13 pm »
wall hanger?

Yes, willie.  That's the other type that you don't make.  ;)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2021, 01:38:26 am »
I'm with Gifford!  I would like to try a Holmegaard one of these days - anybody got a Wych elm stave? :BB (lol)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline old man

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2021, 08:20:31 pm »
I believe that the best thing I can do after reading the remarks from PatM and others is take the bow out and burn it, for any one like me to have the gall to insult such experts as some of you with this junk is unforgiveable and I beg for forgiveness for even having the stupidity to enter such a horrible excuses of a bow into the Bow of the Month, and I pray that ya'll are able to recover for this horrible experence.

Offline PatM

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2021, 12:10:05 am »
Or you could just re-tiller.  Nobody is going to take a caliper to your bow and the original and judge the bow based on that . But you do you.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2021, 12:16:23 am »
Why don't you drop it, Pat.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline scp

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2021, 02:43:29 am »
It's unacceptable that "old man" is clearly suffering from trolling, imagined or not.

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2021, 04:26:39 am »
In another thread I had just had a long discussion about what a Holmegaard bow is.
I was guided by the original and the latest research on the original, while the discussion partners postulated the principle of narrow, stiff lever ends as the governing parameter as stated in the Bowyers Bible Volume 3. In my opinion, this principle does not correspond to a Holmegaard, as I have already written in this thread. This is the principle that can be derived from a Mollegabet bow.

The bow from Oldbow is a fine copy of the Holmegaard bow, perhaps a little whip ended in one limb, but this is probably due to the wood.
The bow will do its job and when used for hunting, the animal doesn't care if it is killed by a 180fps arrow or a 150fps arrow.

Offline old man

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2021, 06:01:35 pm »
"A bow can be perfectly balanced and have terrible tiller" March 2. 2021 PatM

Offline PatM

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2021, 06:06:22 pm »
That's a highly accurate statement.   

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2021, 07:15:55 pm »
I believe that the best thing I can do after reading the remarks from PatM and others is take the bow out and burn it, for any one like me to have the gall to insult such experts as some of you with this junk is unforgiveable and I beg for forgiveness for even having the stupidity to enter such a horrible excuses of a bow into the Bow of the Month, and I pray that ya'll are able to recover for this horrible experence.

No, don't do that.  It is whip tillered but besides that not that bad.  I have seen worse
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline willie

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2021, 10:15:45 pm »

No, don't do that.  It is whip tillered but besides that not that bad.  I have seen worse

Marc, I believe your post misses the crux of Oldmans displeasure. PatM has chosen to crap in Oldmans thread with  deogratory comments about the bows tiller. When did this become an acceptable way to welcome new members?

Offline PatM

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2021, 11:31:32 pm »

Marc, I believe your post misses the crux of Oldmans displeasure. PatM has chosen to crap in Oldmans thread with  deogratory comments about the bows tiller. When did this become an acceptable way to welcome new members?

Most of that was directed at you, willie.

Offline simk

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2021, 04:33:06 am »
to critisize and to accept criticism is important in a forums-environment. to critisize others work is more difficult than to praise. any critisism should be helpful, not disrespectful, arrogant or even insultant. Or speaking with the Frenchmen: C'est le ton qui fait la musique  :) just my general thoughts. cheers  (-S
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 06:46:37 am by simk »
--- the queen rules ----

Offline old man

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2021, 09:37:40 am »
I was just being a little sarcastic about me burning the bow, it is still going to be a gift to a friend, who I hope harvest a deer with it. I do wont to think all who did have constructive criticism about the bow especially AndrewS who along with others who understand the difference between a Holmegaard and Mollegabet bow. It is sad that there is always one who has to put others down to try and make themself look like they are above others.

Offline old man

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2021, 10:08:02 am »
I just looked up what trolling is and it is not pulling a lure behind a moving boat like I thought, and yes that is what was exactly going on with the person in question, I just didn't know it. I don't intend to let one person stop me from showing a few of my bows.