Author Topic: New shooting glove  (Read 3804 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
New shooting glove
« on: April 12, 2021, 10:46:51 am »
After 10 years of using the same old shooting glove I finally retired it.It still works ok but have refined a different one.

BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Lehtis

Re: New shooting glove
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 12:53:48 pm »
Looks useful.

Offline HH~

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 02:45:45 pm »
Bow,  looks like it shoot several hunnerd thousand arra's?

You can put a nice shelf on yer nice bows and you don't need one to shoot off yer hand.  ;D

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 06:10:42 pm »
When starting to make bows I never shot bows previously.Fiberglass or compound.Made some with small glue on shelves but eventually for quite some time now have been shooting off my index finger knuckle and never went back to a shelf target shooting or hunting in a stand,blind,or even stalk type hunt.Shot dozens of deer with this set up.
I've shot friends bows with shelves and they shoot nice but prefer to shoot off my index finger knuckle.Handles are a big deal with self bows.My bulbous ones feel very comfortable for me.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 06:20:52 pm »
Like the glove , that should last a good long while. Good to see you posting again, missed you being around . 👍Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 08:35:56 pm »
Well Pap life has a way of getting in the way at times,but to be totally honest the inspiration to make bows and accoutraments faded for a year or so but I did enjoy making the latest bows and I've been venturing out looking for trees and making deals with people who have trees I like.So some more bow making should be on the horizon I would figure.Like a lot of us making this stuff is who I am I guess.
BowEd
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 09:46:30 pm »
What Pappy said Ed. I missed you around here to.

Always enjoyed what you brought to the primitive skills section to. Maybe you will even get me inspired to get some of my hides tanned.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 10:31:36 pm »
Those are sweet bows. Love the profile of them. I have some selfbows i shoot off my hand but they just cant keep up with my type shelved ones and are not nearly as forgiving. Maybe when i become a better shot i will go to my shelfless bows.

Lines are nicer without a shelf.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 10:59:57 pm »
Thanks fellas.
I find when I make my bows within 1/8" of center shot one way or another from character in the limbs or a slight propeller or just plain carving out the arrow pass they all are very forgiving.That's just me.Even when the string is dead center on the handle when I grasp the bow I can tell which limb I want on top.Might be it's that way with everybody.I don't know that.
I am still of a mind that shelves cut into a bows handle are an FG mentality.They work on self bows and that's the main thing.The pistol grip look might be more time consuming to make than the bulbous in the beginning but after the routine is down I'm sure it's probably not much more trouble to make.
Pressure on my bow hand is at the web between my thumb and index finger with my bulbous handles.
BowEd
Ed