Author Topic: MoJam  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Butch Speer

• St. Clair Mo.
MoJam
« on: July 22, 2021, 11:16:46 am »
Want to give a shout out to Dave "DVSHunter". Decided to make a bow after 10-12 yrs. and figured out pretty quick that I had for gotten a bunch about making a selfbow. My buddy Loyd helped as much as he could and then I started pestering Dave. Don't know how many times I went to the pavilion for his help but, it was a bunch. Gave me great advise and always with a smile. Thanks Dave, couldn't have gotten as far as I did without all of your help.
God Bless
Butch
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: MoJam
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 02:58:56 pm »
He is one of the mainstays of MoJam!  From the fish fry up to the bow making.  I think he gets a big charge out of helping others.  THANKS, Dave!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline gifford

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 05:56:28 pm »
I gotta go along with that Butch and Jerry, Dave is a patient and skilled instructor. Heck of a guy.

I would be remiss in not giving a shout out to Bow Ed. He's another fine gentleman and a skilled instructor.

Thanks to both for all your fine work. g

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 10:41:58 pm »
Call anytime Butch ;) I'm more than happy to help. It was good to see you all again this year.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 10:52:30 am »
DVS is fine fella.
Don't tell him I said so.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline mobow

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 05:06:24 pm »
Min add m is we h as t it is because of the participants.  They jump in like the success of the event depends on them.  It does and it is.  Keith