Author Topic: Green tree to bow in 24 hours -- Clay Hayes  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Re: Green tree to bow in 24 hours -- Clay Hayes
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 11:11:21 am »
Although that orbital sander is real hard on old Arthur too. So is sand paper. I guess I’m just going to hurt.😀😀don’t let this side tracking let you miss the video. It’s a good watch!
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Fox

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 11:54:06 am »
Does steel tools count as primitive ? I only use hatchet. scraper. drawknife, rasp, and a knife some.... oh darn the heat gun, that I use a lot  (-P
Why must we make simple things so complicated?

Offline Will B

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 04:52:43 pm »
Nice video.  Thanks Willie

Offline IrishJay

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2021, 04:33:40 pm »
Giving this drying method a try. I'm not going to be doing the 24hr speed run like Clay, but I had the day off and figured I see what it could do for a fresh cut stave. Its about 2 hours in and is staying between 140°F and 160°F in my little pup-tent. Going to let it go until about sundown tonight and then put it in low humidity storage. After today my work schedule gets pretty busy and it'll be at least a week until I get to work it. I'll update with some MC numbers as soon as the meter I ordered gets delivered.

"The best camouflage pattern is called, 'Sit down and be quiet!' Your grandpa hunted deer in a red plaid coat, think about that for a second." - Fred Bear