Author Topic: Second jab complications  (Read 7181 times)

Offline Gimlis Ghost

Second jab complications
« on: July 05, 2021, 04:14:27 pm »
Hi
I'm wondering if anyone else here had severe loss of strength in the shoulder after the second jab of the Pfizer vaccine?
I had a severe reaction to the second jab that put me down for a day and a half with a lot of pain in the shoulder for about two weeks.
From what little I could find out at the time it may have been due to the injection being too close to a nerve. I remember the nurse drew the needle back a bit and shifted it after encountering resistance. It felt like the needle pushed through something solid. The first jab went easily and I hardly felt it at all.
That was about 6 months ago.

When I just recently got back into archery I could hardly draw my 45 lb bow at all. After a month or so of regular practice I still have a way to go but improvement has been steady.

This sort of complication is very rare so perhaps no one here had this problem.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Second jab complications
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 04:25:42 pm »
I got the Pfizer and had zero reaction. I'd suggest you talk with your doctor.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 05:19:58 pm »
Had several reactions #2 shot of Pfizer. Heart rate was high as if I was jogging for about 2 hours after the shot. My arms, face, and chest were flushed like I was hard liquor drunk, and I was hot like the same. After all that passed I had a rash spread from injection site down my arm, across my chest and neck and down my other arm. Was crazy tired and all my joints were sore for 2 days. The injection site stayed very sore for a week and a half. Strange stuff.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 06:28:04 pm »
No problem with my first Moderna shot. I was anticipating a reaction after the 2nd so I planned to do nothing that day. I had a mild but constant headache and no energy so I laid around and read and slept. By the next day I felt better than before either shot. A little discomfort is way better than any time on a respirator or worse. I'd take a booster if suggested.
 My understanding is the worse the reaction the second day the stronger your immune system is.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 06:38:29 pm »
I've read that your immune system actually attacks the mixes using MRNA, and the companies consider a healthy immune system to be a problem for the stuff.  I've also heard that people with covid antibodies have particularly bad reactions to the shots. 

That would probably get banned as 'disinformation' on FB, so of course double check with primarily sources.  Practicing Doctors may well be the best source, especially if they are independent. 

Offline HH~

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 06:48:36 pm »
Funny i just got a Signal text of my buds sister. Got 2nd stab. She blew up like a puffer fish in that side of upper body. Took her to ER. Doc had seen it before. He pulled out a round disc of steel as told her you will be ok but look at this. The steel disc was magnetized right to her arm like a magnet on an ice box!
She prolly never have babies? You have no legal recourse with respect to the these Vac’s!!!

HH~
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 12:44:36 pm by HH~ »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 12:19:36 pm »
right
in this case they made the injection in the wrong place  (lol) (lol) (lol)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 01:07:34 pm »
Some people will have a bad reaction, some will have no reaction.  From a medical standpoint, the benefits far outweigh the risks- unless, you are having the bad reaction, which may mean the vaccine is working.  Every vaccine has some risks!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 01:13:25 pm »
First dose I had was Pfizer, second was Moderna. Had a sore shoulder for a day from the first, maybe 3 days from the second. Felt like the second one hit a more sensitive spot on my arm. I don't think it had anything to do with the actual vaccine, just having a needle stabbed into a part of me that didn't appreciate being stabbed. Last time I had a tetanus booster was worse than either of these.

Felt a bit tired for the day after each, no other side effects that I noticed.

Mark

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 01:48:16 pm »
No problems from 2 doses of pfizer for both my wife and I
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2021, 03:02:39 pm »
Cunnuckistan aint never gonna open up.

Internally we are all open, no restrictions on anything in Alberta and most other provinces. You may be correct on the international border. Our idiot in chief keeps moving goal posts and seems to never want it open again.

Mark

Offline Gimlis Ghost

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2021, 03:18:39 pm »
I suspect this will be deemed political and be closed down.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 07:22:03 pm »
Getting close. Ghost.  >:(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 07:26:40 pm »
I got my second Moderna shot a month ago and was sore for four days with a red rash on my shoulder and might be a coincidence but just had a stroke Thursday night and spent the weekend in Intensive Care Unit. Had 3 more mini strokes until the Super Clot Breaking blood thinner cleared things up.

If I had do overs I'd never take it. The wife and I had it last year when it wasn't cool and we had to be called to find out we were positive. She was mowing the grass and I didn't have a clue I was "sick".
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 07:32:55 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline HH~

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2021, 07:42:19 pm »
Yer one tough guy Eddie. You get better turkey hunter!

Shawn
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW