Author Topic: Sourwood and hill cane arrows for arrow trade  (Read 6316 times)

gutpile

Re: Sourwood and hill cane arrows for arrow trade
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2021, 10:31:03 am »
yeah it took him a few tries to get the length right for his bow.. it finally worked and he was satisfied that it could be done.. eliminates need to foreshaft which I guess is really not a need anyway.. ferret used to plug his cane... but to me.. the added weight of the foreshaft and length really help the already light shaft of cane and the FOC for better arrow flight.. I can tell by how my arrows fly.. Thad also driills out his cane now with a flint drill so all his foreshafts can be interchangeable... I haven't gotten that far yet..lol... but it is definitely a cool idea... so now he can make up a bunch of foreshafts.. with bird point , blunt, or hunting points and just pop on a new foreshaft and walla... in this video he makes a homemade turkey decoy and arrows a wild turkey with all primitive gear.. that was an accomplishment itself and to get it on video too... gut

Offline burchett.donald

Re: Sourwood and hill cane arrows for arrow trade
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2021, 09:14:57 pm »
   Excellent job on fletching Pat, I have been trying to guess which one is going out on trade...Man I love that white stone!!!

Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;