Author Topic: Trade arrow build along.  (Read 6663 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Trade arrow build along.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2021, 11:23:57 pm »
Nice build along and nice work, BJ.  :OK
Nice arrow Eddie.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2021, 12:27:38 pm »
Been really busy again past few days. Did get signed and put a coat of clear satin poly over to lock it on.

Bjrogg

PS still need to sinew wrap the fletch but pretty close to done now.
Hopefully finish up tonight
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2021, 03:00:07 am »
nice job!  Luckily, I won't try to duplicate your markings, and as far mine are concerned, I don't think any one else knows much Irish!  Could be wrong though!  Sliante!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2021, 07:58:59 am »
I finished up sinew wrapping the fletch last night. I didn’t have anyone to take pictures and I had my hands full.

First I wrapped front of fletch. I added a couple drops of tb2. Then I used longer sinew . After a couple tight wraps on front I spiral wrapped the fletch. Could’ve been a little longer sinew, but I think it will do. Then a drop of tb2 on the rear and I wrap rear of fletch with sinew.

I picked up a piece of driftwood from the shores of Lake Huron. Or as I affectionately call it. The big lake. I think I’m gonna send it along . If Jake want to use it for display he can. If not maybe he can find something else to do with it.

I guess I’m gonna call that a wrap

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2021, 08:01:21 am »
The driftwood display
Bjrogg

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2021, 08:30:28 am »
 Awesome job on the Build along Bj...That is multi tasking at it's finest, as busy as you are this time of year...PA hat's off to ya Sir!
           Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2021, 05:47:43 pm »
i really envy your guys's ability to make freaking AWESOME arrows!!! awesome job BJ!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2021, 10:14:14 pm »
 Just takes practice, Russell.  ;)
Nice arrow and display, BJ. I think I could recognize your arrows anywhere, Very distinctive.  8)   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2021, 08:56:49 am »
Well I still didn’t get it packed and mailed. Lots going on here. Won’t be till at least Tuesday now as our post office is closed on Monday.

Thanks Don. I always appreciate whenever someone does a build along. Many have helped me and I know they are harder to do than a person would think.

Russell you can do it. Making something that just looks like a nice arrow isn’t that difficult. Making a arrow that is tuned to a bow and has very good flight takes several more steps.

Thanks Pat and thanks again for everything you contribute to this site. I have learned so much from you and others here about arrows. I guess you probably aren’t the only one who recognizes my arrows. I lost one at Elm Hall and before the day was over someone found it, recognized it and returned it to me.

Now for that big buffalo hunt.

Bjrogg

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2021, 09:10:32 pm »
Very nice BJ. That came out great. You're comments about making an arrow tuned to a specific bow are so true. Very important especially when a successful harvest is the ultimate goal.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges