Author Topic: Pic Limits?  (Read 11934 times)

Offline Bill_in_TR

Pic Limits?
« on: July 28, 2021, 02:46:48 pm »
Trying to understand the limits on picture attachments. When I try to attach pictures the message box that pops up says the picture size limit is 250 kb. It also tells me the limit is four pics per message. Well I have a picture resizer for dealing with the size limit. And I can count to four.

Do I read elsewhere that the limit is six. And then I see on some of the posts where they have uploaded over twenty pics. Are there different limits for different classes of participants? I am not complaining I just want to know what the actual limits are.
----------------------------------------------------------
Longing fro a simpler time.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Pic Limits?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 05:06:16 pm »
Bill, I try to limit my pics to 6 per post like was originally was the rules here but sometimes I add one or two more.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bill_in_TR

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 05:24:01 pm »
Hmmmmm. I get error messages from the interface when I exceed whatever limits there are and my post is rejected. Is there a difference to if you provide links to Photobucket or something? I just upload pictures from my phone after resizing them.
----------------------------------------------------------
Longing fro a simpler time.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 06:04:06 pm »
It says 4 per post, maximum total size 1200 KB, maximum individual size 250 KB.  I belive this is only for direct uploading.  outside links are different.  What I don't get is that 4x250<1200, so what's the deal with the maximum total size.

Offline Don W

• diy.timetestedtools.net/
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 06:08:38 pm »
The difference is "how"

Adding attachments the size and number is limited.
Embedding ( tags or use the button) the size isn't limited but they should be 800x600 or less or they're hard to see and you can add as many as you want. If there is a limit I haven't hit it.
Don

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 06:32:35 pm »
What do you mean by button?

Offline Don W

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 06:49:09 pm »
Don

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 07:29:59 pm »
I tried that, but what do you put between the code bracket bits?

Offline Don W

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 07:51:36 pm »
I tried that, but what do you put between the code bracket bits?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.. It has to be a link to an image. Use some external hosting service, blog or web site
Don

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 08:44:09 pm »
Ok, so if I do things right you should see a photo of some of my other work.

Great, this one is nearly a MB!  If someone is smart enough he might be able to back track to my pottery store from this, but I couldn't, and this is technically not posting a link to my store, so I'm still inside the rules.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 08:49:42 pm by Tradcraftsman »

gutpile

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 12:27:12 pm »
I would post way more and attach pics if it wasn't such a PITA to do so.. I gave up since I had to download pics and resize anymore, just too much trouble to post here.... I just post to my instagram for now.. gut

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 10:54:17 am »
I have an inexpensive digital camera that I have set at the lowest resolution(640x480) just for posting pics on websites. I also use Imgur, a photo hosting site that presets pics so they are suitable for websites.
 I bet you can do dozens of other functions on your smart phones so why can't you figure out how to reduce resolution so you can post pics?
 :-\   ???
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 04:09:47 pm »
So I'm about as computer illiterate as anybody you'll find. I either use flickr which is pretty easy following Weylin's post on how to upload pics. I also use a photo resizer which is basically idiot proof. Select the picture, select resize,  select resize to 250KB, done. Now the pics are ready to post on PA and I still have a high resolution pic stored on my phone.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges