Author Topic: Is this stuff in our genes?  (Read 33039 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Is this stuff in our genes?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 08:53:59 pm »
Alright Kegan! Which of those plants are ya smoking??? Share and share alike!!!  O:)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Kegan

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 09:11:35 pm »
 ;D

jamie

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 10:53:24 pm »
leave it to ya'll to turn an honest answer to an excellent query into a joke ;D

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 10:54:48 pm »
Its in my Genes!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline bowmunky13

• eat more human
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 09:45:14 pm »
abso-f^<%!n&-lutely.... this is the stuff of our ancestors... there for it is burned into our soul.......... and for all the speculation it is said that our dna is replicated from the imprint of the soul on the body.... anyhoo.. every time i draw a sharp edge across a peice of wood... my soul sings... every time a peice of rock flakes prettily iget all giddy... and when an arrow made by me from materials i collect shot from a bow i made hits that sweet spot for a double lung puncture i cry out in elation that my ancestors brought me this blessing
death by natural causes

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 09:52:31 pm »
WOW! Allalujah Brother!!!!! Praise BE!!!  ;D

Offline Postman

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 12:25:10 pm »
dang bowmunkey, -diggin' the  eloquence....As a science teacher, I'm 'sposed to relate it all back to DNA chunks and the proteins they code for. I definitely think Dana's spot on about genetic memory - all kinds of behaviors seem to be passed down- good and bad, sometimes we just can't help ourselves. I Think living in crowded cities, long commutes, indoor lighting, ect... puts stresses on us that cause different genes/hormone levels/thought processes to sink in, I think, masking the altruistic "do unto others" that is naturally present for small group survival. Doing "what comes naturally' restores the balance better than a "seretonin reuptake inhibitor' available from your local pharmacist, IMO.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline bowmunky13

• eat more human
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008, 12:43:50 pm »
yes indeedaly... i hate living in a factory built world... yes i know hate is a strong word... but that is why i used it.... i would like nothing better than to build my own, make my own, grow my own, brew my own and even roll my own... but that time is long gone form the clutches of man unless you simply disappear from the eye of society... i am headed that way as soon as i can....
death by natural causes

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008, 06:58:41 pm »
One day not to far in the future I will be building my own home, putting in a garden, putting out the new solar cells when they come out in 2010, buying an electric car and saying so long to all the hullabaloo! Who says you need to depend on others for survival when there are ways to do it now. Me, self sufficiency, up to a point, is where I am heading.

The house I plan to build will be rammed earth bag construction with passive solar heating and a fireplace. Floors will be earthen floors. Then the defensive wall will go up around it 2 1/2 feet thick to keep out the tax man. I plan on disguising the defensive positions with flower beds and food crops. Please don't step on the landmines or trip the claymores! They are hard to replace!!! LOL!!!  :o ;D ;D

Just joking! But I do plan to build my own home with natural material. Should be a challenge, but well worth the effort!

David T

Offline bowmunky13

• eat more human
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »
im with ya tiller...i have much the same dream.. but more a subsurface domicile... i just hope that things go well enough that those dreams come true for us all....
death by natural causes

Offline Kegan

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 08:18:17 pm »
Unless I get married I fully plan on living under a tarp or in a hole in the ground. Not because it's primitive. But because its cheap, and I'm lazy :D.

Of course, the need for money may arrise. For that problem I would just have the locals pay me off to not eat their pets/children. That's legal, right >:D?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 09:56:57 pm »
Unless I get married I fully plan on living under a tarp or in a hole in the ground. Not because it's primitive. But because its cheap, and I'm lazy :D.

Of course, the need for money may arrise. For that problem I would just have the locals pay me off to not eat their pets/children. That's legal, right >:D?

The young man has me worried! Better get him married off quick like so he can be tamed and trained by his better half!  ;)

Offline bowmunky13

• eat more human
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2008, 01:47:08 pm »
much agreed.. i think some where there is a young city girl that is perty and smart that is enjoying her mysoace and planning on living in a suburban town with kids soccer and a minivan that is gonna meet this youngman and will turn his life right around.... sorry brother ... i really am
death by natural causes

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2008, 01:52:14 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline david w.

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2008, 02:47:19 pm »
much agreed.. i think some where there is a young city girl that is perty and smart that is enjoying her mysoace and planning on living in a suburban town with kids soccer and a minivan that is gonna meet this youngman and will turn his life right around.... sorry brother ... i really am

:P 

marry a farm girl :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo