Author Topic: Idaho bowhunter finds remains of another bowhunter missing for 53 years  (Read 1857 times)

Offline gifford

Idaho bow hunter finds the remains of another hunter - a man who had been missing for 53 years

The body of Idaho bow hunter Raymond Jones was found on Friday after a 53-year disappearance

An unidentified hunter found the body while looking for a shortcut in the mountains of Lemhi County

Lemhi County Police formally identified the body after they found Jones' wallet with his identification in it Jones's family, including his wife, were contacted when the body was found.

The area in question is in the Payette National Forest.

Offline sleek

Re: Idaho bowhunter finds remains of another bowhunter missing for 53 years
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 04:23:31 pm »
I'm sure that scared the hell out of him, but it must have brought much relief and closure to the wife of the bow hunter. Hopefully his end was peaceful surrounded by nature, rather than a fall or some such.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Idaho bowhunter finds remains of another bowhunter missing for 53 years
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 01:54:28 am »
That is a bit strange?  I worked one summer on the Payette National forest, part of it butts up against a wilderness area,  the whole region is difficult!  I remember a smoke jumper team needing something like 6 weeks to extract after they accomplished their mission.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry