Author Topic: A few points(New Pics)  (Read 9190 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: A few points
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 10:37:11 pm »
You got it - I can't trade the one I bloodied on the deer, will have to get to work on another :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

Re: A few points
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 04:24:40 pm »
Here's a few more I managed the black ones are from slag I found and the green is from another piece of
the rhyolite I picked up at Pappy's

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

Re: A few points(New Pics)
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 11:02:53 pm »
Them's crude, but deffinantly points - gotta start somewhere eh? Before ya know it you'll be making points that'll kill anything ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 03:10:29 am »
Paul, stick those on an arrow and they will kill somethin. What? I have no idea!  >:D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 08:11:03 am »
Ya I have a ways to go paul ;) I've been working on a half bucket of scraps I picked
up in the pit at Pappy's. Its good experience and the different types of rock all break different.
I have some bigger stuff but why waste it when I use what you guys considered trash eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 09:47:29 am »
Dana, at least you're trying...I'm afraid to start that for fear I'll like it. To many bows to build and to little time at the moment. John Thomas spent the day Saturday at the club and made several points, one of which he gave me. ;) He's very talented knapper and is getting back into it since he got fired up at the Classic. His hands gives him some trouble though...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 10:36:06 am »
That's where I started Dana. I'd pick up some flakes on job and pressure flake the edges till my hands locked up on me and my fingers bled - sheer determination, hehe. I've probably got a hundred of em scattered all through my cactus garden. You learn a little something every time ya work on one..