Author Topic: Thanks guys!!!!  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Jakesnyder

Thanks guys!!!!
« on: October 23, 2021, 06:12:04 pm »
        Well I've been super busy lately with hunting and family stuff but many of you know I had a shed fire and lost all my bows, arrows, staves and everything to make them. A few people on here really stepped up and helped in getting me back to doing what I love.  :BB hawkdancer sent me a killer drawknife, rps3 gave me seasoned staves, b50 string, and some sinew and last but not least sleek hooked me up with a bow!!!!
         It is one that he made for a pa article. I know he put some hours into it. It draws 45ish pounds at 25inches. Oh yea and he made It out of axe handles!!!! It shoots fast for its draw weight. Definitely one of a kind and I feel privileged for him to have sent it to me!
        Thank you everyone that helped me out!!

Offline Selfbowman

Re: Thanks guys!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 06:43:45 pm »
That’s bowyer brotherhood. Nice guys! Arvin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:14:17 pm by Selfbowman »
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline sleek

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 07:30:59 pm »
Sounds like you got the hook up, ain't nobody gonna leave you hanging!

Keep an eye on the loop on that string, it looks like it's opened up some. I made it without a jig, and I'd hate for it to come undone on you when it counts. Maybe make another string if you can. A little super glue might help as well. If you know how to do a flemish string, that loop is just a flemish one, and can be redone. 
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

bownarra

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 03:53:17 am »
Great to see the good guys helping you out. Hope you get to making some more bows soon :)

Offline rps3

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 12:34:48 pm »
I'm happy to have been able to help, and I look forward to seeing some bows you make. You'll have to let me check out that cool axe handle bow as well.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 02:07:28 am »
Pay it forward!  Larry gave me the drawknife at MoJam a couple years ago and I had noted a chance to use so he gets some of the credit!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry