Author Topic: A twist on a pot of beans  (Read 5293 times)

Offline Tradslinger

• Trad hunt, fish, metal detect, reload, garden, Vet
A twist on a pot of beans
« on: November 06, 2021, 05:24:07 pm »
I like a good pot of pinto beans, I like them with lots of meat and onions. However, today I made some quite a bit different for me and man did I like them. I started with the usual beans, salt and pepper with garlic and lots of onions. I was going to add some bacon and maybe some ham but I noticed half of a can of hickory spam in the fridge. So I diced it up and then browned it in the air fryer before adding to the crockpot. I also found about a 1/3 of a pound of left over breakfast sausage that I had prepared for breakfast a few days ago. It had sautéed onions and sweet pepper in it so I added it all as well. Then last, I spotted two chicken tamales left over from our local food truck. So I browned them a little in the air fryer as well before chopping up and adding to the crock pot. The pot began smelling pretty darn good and I finally had to try some before the beans were quite done. All I can say is that I may try to eat it all tonight. The hickory smoked spam was actually really good in it. 

Offline White Falcon

Re: A twist on a pot of beans
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 01:36:04 pm »
Sounds good. Had spam and corn beef hash this week.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: A twist on a pot of beans
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 03:05:33 pm »
More spam please.

My wife make Navy beans that are really good. I can’t give you her recipe cause it’s top secret and I don’t know what it is anyhow. I know mustard, catsup, bacon, ham and lots of love. Probably a few more ingredients to. I’ll have to tell her about the spam. I certainly is a flavor enhancer.

PS don’t know about the pinto beans. But the more times you heat and refrigerate the navy’s, the better they are. That’s one leftover that keeps getting better. And my wife make a huge pot when she makes em

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise