Author Topic: Chlorophyll pills  (Read 18641 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Chlorophyll pills
« on: May 13, 2008, 01:24:18 pm »
For us that mainly hunt the keen nosed wild pig in the ever swirly mountain winds, any second gained in fooling them might increase the shot opportunitis given to us.

Couple of years ago I tryed a regimen of chlorophyll pills, I stopped within a couple of weeks because my impression wwas that B.O. was getting actually worse.

Now I'm into my second month of trying them again, again my impression is that B.O. worsened, I kept going taking them anyway to see how things would develope. it might be coincidence too but it seems that lately I got busted more frequently than usual, and seen less pigs too.

As anyone of you tryed them ? if yes, what's your take.

I know that many will think, and answer, just hunt with the wind in your face, ....I assure you, that is downright impossible here, the ever gusty swirlyng wins will do the round of the compass within 20 minutes, if you're lucky, more often half that time.

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline DanaM

Re: Chlorophyll pills
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:37:36 pm »
How about pig poop as a cover scent Manny, plus it will quickly darken your buckskins :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 02:02:06 pm »
I use Chlorophyll Plus tablets (a natural, homeopathic), and found them to be great. In a few days, I saw results. Plus, a good dose of green is good for the old system....

I know a few guys that change their diet to all vegetarian during hunting season, too....but I like my meat and taters too much for that.
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 03:48:30 pm »
Chad I got mine from GNC, What brand are yours ?
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 06:38:22 pm »
I used them and they work for me.
What I found is that there is a BIG difference between those with added copper and those without.
The alfalfa  tabs with lots of chlorophyll in them didnt do squat for me.
n2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 06:48:25 pm »
Ill bet Bob could skim some scum off the top of the swamp and send it to you.  ;) I have heard of this before Manny, and it does effect some people that way.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 08:16:48 pm »
i aint ever heard of the stuff. my dad and i just keep our hunting cloths in a trash bag filled with chopped up pine needles. within a week your stuff smells like a pine tree. ;)
lets just shoot it

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 09:06:20 pm »
I'm sorry but I find this funny as all hell what people won't go thru to hunt, pig poop eh
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 09:59:30 pm »
Recurve shooter I keep all my hunting gear in big sealed boxes with Eucalyptus leaves in and everything smells great,....but I still get busted a lot  ;D ;D

Dana,, pig poop is nasty stuff :o
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:08:58 pm by mullet »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 10:11:07 pm »
lol. dont think kowalla food trees grow down here. pine works ok. dose anyone here hunt with blackpowder shotguns? i have always wanted one and was wondering if they are any fun.
lets just shoot it

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 08:24:59 am »
I know its nasty Manny, but I real don't think any of our efforts to eliminate or mask our human scent will actually fool
a wary animals sense of smell. The best we can do is minimize it I guess.

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 11:17:54 am »
You might be better off trying an attractant cover scent...like coconut oil ;D. I'm with Dana. You ain't gonna fool a weary animal by trying to eliminate human odor...you can't!!!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 01:41:49 pm »
Agree. cant eliminate... but on the other hand you can take some steps to minimize...
like taking a shower once a month or so.
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 02:39:26 pm »
Ho no no, never dremed of being able to eliminate human sent, but in the hunting conditions I have to deal with if I can fool them a little bit, like make them think I'm 150 yards away, when in realyty I'm 15, that migth give me a few more shot opportunitys ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 11:20:50 pm »
I know some guys that swear by the stuff Manny, but I tried it and really didnt see any diferance one way or the other.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....