Author Topic: LW turkey feathers  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Kidder

LW turkey feathers
« on: December 12, 2021, 02:14:11 pm »
So I’ve got more LW feathers than I know what to do with. Looking to clear them out. I’d love to get a stave out of it but I’m also open to anything else that someone might have that is related to bow building in. About 73 4 inch shield cut, about 85 split primaries (most are 4.5 inches plus but there are a couple that are a little under 4 inches. And then I’ve got probably 200 full feathers (mostly good secondaries, but a few primaries are probably in there). Anyone interested?

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: LW turkey feathers
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 10:02:46 am »
I don't need any but had to comment on just how tradeable wild turkey feathers are. Like you years ago I had a lot of turkey hunters saving wings for me, one year I got 72 wings. I got them ground on the halves for free at a place called custom feathers, the year I got 72 wings I ended up with 800 ground L/W feathers. I traded them for a bow, a round ball mold, a Cabela's commercial vacuum sealer and a host of other things, they are like gold to people who don't have access to them. 

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 11:23:47 am »
That is true, There was a time I could never get enough. 

Offline Kidder

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 12:37:43 am »
You’d think I could get rid of them then - I’ve been trying for months!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 01:15:23 am »
Must be the moon ain't right >:D!  I haven't check my freezer lately, I likely have some goose wing to prep! (lol)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 05:17:54 pm »
It used to be that whitetail back sinew was a high-demand good on the trade blanket too. I would get dozens of messages and comments on my trade blanket post when it came time to offer the cleaned and dried tendons I collected from local deer. These days... crickets. Not a single comment or pm asking to trade for any sinew. It is even hard to sell the stuff on the big auction site. It seems the number of folks who are into using natural materials is declining, and those who used to use it are aging and not as keen anymore.

Black Moshannon

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 06:17:00 pm »
I’m interested in these I’ll send you a message

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 11:33:58 am »
It used to be that whitetail back sinew was a high-demand good on the trade blanket too. I would get dozens of messages and comments on my trade blanket post when it came time to offer the cleaned and dried tendons I collected from local deer. These days... crickets. Not a single comment or pm asking to trade for any sinew. It is even hard to sell the stuff on the big auction site. It seems the number of folks who are into using natural materials is declining, and those who used to use it are aging and not as keen anymore.
I would think that these are fairly seasonal items and there are periodic gluts and shortages.  I would defiantly be interested in both, but I don't even have time to use what I have right now.

Offline Kidder

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 01:39:05 am »
Everything is spoken for except the 73 shield cut 4 inch LW feathers. Thanks!