Author Topic: Mountain Lion  (Read 6628 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Mountain Lion
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2021, 12:26:00 pm »
Just catching up on this.  Wow, Mike!  What a cat!  Amazing pictures…congratulations on your success.
1’—>1’

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2021, 07:52:28 pm »
A lot of the guys who post on this section build their own flintlock rifles which adds a new dimension to the flintlock picture. I have found that building a flintlock rifle or shotgun is 10 times more time consuming and difficult than building a selfbow. I am only on flintlock #5 and have 158 selfbows under my belt, like Mike my shoulders and particularly my neck are shot, so moving up the flintlocks is a way of keeping me in the game at 74.

I have noticed that a few people really don't want any mention of non archery related topics on this forum although most of the crafty guys here like anything build related as long as it has a primitive nature to it.

On my most in depth flintlock squirrel rifle build-along that I posted here I got an overwhelming amount of positive feedback. I think a few guys even gave flintlock building a try after seeing my tutorial.

There are a few forums here I am not interested in; horn bows, flintknapping or at the forge. Just because I they don't interest me there is no way I would want them excluded from the PA site because a lot of folk do find them interesting, and so it should be with the flintlock forum.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 07:58:54 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline StickMark

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2021, 10:54:41 pm »
Nice puma, Mike.

I never sealed the deal on a lion, but have enjoyed calling for them.  Your point on using a flinter instead of a bow is well taken.

(I like the flintlocks in PA)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2021, 08:41:52 am »
Love you stories Mike, and congrats , that is one big Cat. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good