Author Topic: Got to go sit in a stand for a little while this morning  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Tradslinger

• Trad hunt, fish, metal detect, reload, garden, Vet
Got to go sit in a stand for a little while this morning
« on: December 29, 2021, 01:41:48 pm »
Haven't been able to do much the last several months. Had my second cornea transplant after a lot of issues and just had another operation Monday a week ago (my sixth in 13 months). The last surgery while normally a simple one, was more difficult for me. The previous surgeries had caused my cataract to go crazy and this had left me blind in that eye. It was so large that a normal 15 minute surgery took 40 minutes. I still have 30 stitches in my eye plus the doctor was doing his best not to kill this transplant. So I can now see out of the eye although still very blurry since I am only at my sixth month of a 12 month heal. The week later follow up showed everything was pretty good yesterday and I was told that most of the lifting and bending restrictions were lifted. I just can't over do it or do anything stupid. This morning, the wife was out feeding the cat and could hear some bucks fighting in the field beside my father's place. So, I got my bow and eased out there to a five foot high stand and climbed into it. It felt good to finally be back into a stand and be holding a bow. No, never did see anything but got some awesome time in the timber. I still have a fifty fifty chance of losing the cornea but it is looking pretty good so far. I would have stayed longer but the rain was starting and hasn't stopped. I fully expected to get a shot in this eye yesterday because it has been a very long time since they could check to see if I had fluid behind the retina. But to everyone's surprise, it was dry, more answered prayers. So hopefully I can get back to a little bow building.   I had to use my bow tip to keep my balance as I walked, my depth perception and balance is still very bad for walking.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Got to go sit in a stand for a little while this morning
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 06:56:05 pm »
Hang in there, buddy!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 08:18:17 pm »
Tradslinger,
Prayers sent.
brian

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 07:16:52 am »
Feel your concerns and wish or pray for the best for you.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 07:57:13 am »
I hope you SEE a nice buck out of those eyes. That really would be a successful hunt.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 11:54:55 am »
Hope the healing continues for you.  :) and it always helps to be in the woods.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good