Author Topic: Finely finished  (Read 4567 times)

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
Re: Finely finished
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2022, 05:47:32 pm »
wheres the deer meat,, :) :) :)

It's in all those brats!   ;D -C-
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline chasonhayes

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2022, 08:10:11 pm »
Thanks guys, means a lot from some of the best bow builders I know. I am not usually a fancy type guy or backing guy either Del but the skins were a gift and I just had to use them and they fit this bow prefect , yes Jim kind of fishy  ;) :) :) and yes BJ I had it out to 28 just for reassurance, but 28 is an AMO standard , not particular useful for self bows at least not for me, I figure them for what ever they are going to be draw. Seems everyone post bows at 28 now days but I know very few that draw that and i have measured and watched hundreds shoot. ;)  I had it in the wood yesterday Brad but no cigar, I think the bow will do it's part if the deer and me will do ours.  :) I plan on getting it out some more this next week if the weather will get a little better, really stormy here for the next few days, we have a week left so we will see if I can make it happen.  :-\ Thanks again all and Happy New Year !!!!!!!
 Pappy

If you don't mind sharing, what arrows do you use?

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2022, 11:16:32 pm »
Brad got 4 more days of doe only, wished I could get out in the morning but got to go to Nashville to get my ears I ordered in early December, if they work :-\  it will be good to be able to hear a deer coming again instead of just seeing them suddenly appear . :) chasonhayes I use several different ones, I make some from sour wood and dog wood shoots, with trade points for heads but also use a lot of manufactured shafts from PO cedar/Popular and Hickory shafts ,usually with 160 Ace heads, all Fletched with wild Turkey feathers. Most bow I build for myself are about the same weight 45-50 and draw 26 inches and shelves are close to the same so I use 45/50 or 50/55 shafts and leave them long 29/30 inches and like them to weight in total 500-600 grains total.I bare shaft each shaft before fletching. Prefect for me is 550 grain, they seem to shoot the best with out to much drop and heavy enough to do a fine job on the white tail I usually hunt. ;) The good thing is I have a lot of arrows and they all shoot well out of any on my bows so I can pick up any of my bows and any set of arrows and go hunt or shoot with the assurance they will hit the same. :) Thanks for the response guys.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2022, 09:32:40 am »
Looks great, Pappy.  Like how those skins look!
1’—>1’