Author Topic: Losing a family member  (Read 2035 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Losing a family member
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 10:55:16 am »
Like that commercial on TV where the cat is fetching the stick from the water.

Guy watching cat: Amazing

Owner: talks about his new truck.

Guy watching Cat: no the cat not the truck

Cat owner “what act like you Never seen a cat before”  . I like that one.

Right now we have my daughter’s part chow. She’s really good, but she knows it. Sometimes she acts a little like a cat.

Bjrogg
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 11:43:46 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Gimlis Ghost

Re: Losing a family member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 04:22:44 pm »
Gimlls, we had a cat(Lawrence) that lived to be 25 years. He found my wife when he was a kitten, lived on the SC coast and moved to the mountains with us where he was king. He raised 6 dogs during his life

Mister Loki has always had a good relationship with dogs, in fact all our older cats have if the dog respected their space.
An old momma cat we had many years ago was likely half Mau, born of a Siamese mother, and she lived 24 years. She raised my Plot/Pit bear hound from a tiny puppy and taught him to fight like a cat, using his heavy fore paws as ranged weapons to knock much larger dogs senseless before they could close.
When she fell ill he guarded her day and night and when she could no longer walk he carried her gently in his huge jaws to her food bowl then back to her bed . He was truly heart broken when she passed.

Oddly female dogs appear to be attracted to Mr Loki as they would be to an alpha male dog and put on shameless displays of deference to his maleness.
The full blooded Mau doesn't have active scent glands and doesn't spray. Perhaps because he doesn't smell like a cat the female dogs mistake him for a male dog.

A historical note.
In ancient Egypt if someone killed a Mau cat belonging to your family you were legally allowed to cut off the killer's nose in vengence.