Author Topic: 1 more with the .54  (Read 11324 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 1 more with the .54
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 08:32:39 am »
Sorry to hear that Ed, I don't quite understand what the problem is ? I always love your post and love chatting back and forth on things we have in common, self bows/Dogs/hide work and brain tanning, your in put and knowledge always impresses me. As far as moving your thread , it has always been the the upper section of the hunting forum for self bows kills, the lower section for other hunts/glass bows/rifles and ML  and talking shooting yes we have missed a few over the years but I assure you it was not because of any bias on our part, we are human and miss stuff and make mistakes, wished you could understand that. As far as me leaving as JB G suggested , that ant going to happen, do I get offended from time to time,Yes but I try hard not to wear my feeling on my sleeve and understand this is the internet and sometimes things that are said our done is taken out of context. We are all friends here and only now and then we have someone that for some unknown reason loves to stir the pot and seems to thrive on drama .As for those people I wished they would find another place to spread their rhetoric , I am like Miss Joanie "I don't like drama and to old to put up with it" As for PatB he is one of the most dedicated people on here and i promise does nothing out of bias or to intentionally hurt any ones feelings. I wished you would reconsider but understand sometime people feel slighted and just can't get over it. I will say that it was not done to slight you and would hope you would understand that. As for you JB G you really don't have a dog in this fight and wished you would just keep you mouth/or fingers shut. I wondered how long it would take for you to go back to your old disruptive ways, guess I found out. Very sad some folks have such a poor attitude and for some reason thinks everyone is out to get them. ??? I for one try to look for the good points of people and try not to dwell on the bad, guess you can't do that. Guess I have said enough, but will say I for one will miss you Ed and hope you will think on it a bit before you pull out. Have a good day.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 10:32:04 am »
Same view points on life/people and useless drama here too Pappy but I'm one to call a spade a spade.When things like this happen multiple times to a person it's time to call it out and quit being a rug.I understand it alright.It's ok for some but not for others is not the way I treat people.I'm an equal opportunity criticizer and complimentor.
I'm not on this site to win a popularity contest as many are.I give blunt factual self proven advice and experiences as it's who I am.This site should be operated on merit period.A few others on here with mediocre skills have their noses' so brown they should change their heredital status.It's good to get along but I see no reason to degrade my integrity.
Bottom line is as with most things it's all about respect.Lack of it creates division.Lack of communication skills through character flaws is no excuse.Sometimes the bad points of a person override the good too far.
You are wrong saying it was unintentional or an over sight.I appreciate your comments but it's sad you seem to want to give excuses for others,and this is'nt the first time I've heard from you like this.I've forgotten and done more than some of your cohort moderators will ever know when it comes to this primitive stuff.I've left bad advice by them slide all for the sake of avoiding drama.
If a person wants to volunteer their services to moderate this site they should be ready to do it right and fairly.Being appointed by friends not voted on through merit is where this site goes off track and creates clickish sub standard service.Even though I'm sure it is a thankless job.Still no excuse for sub standard service.
Have a great day.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2022, 11:04:07 am »
OK Ed, sounds like your mind is made up, don’t know what else to say. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JB G

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2022, 11:14:53 am »
Makes it sound like "it's all shawn's fault" really?

True, we dont need the internet but one person did not do this!

Jb G

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2022, 11:40:57 am »
I quite agree with Pappy, and don't let a few obnoxious characters spur you to do anything rash.  Some could say I don't have any stake in this game, but you've been one of the greatest 'mentors' here for beginners like me in terms of sharing your extensive experience.  We'd hate to see you quite posting, even more so to lose everything you have posted so far.

By the way, nice deer, I bet you will get a very nice buckskin made from that.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2022, 02:17:00 pm »
OK Ed, sounds like your mind is made up, don’t know what else to say. Pappy
You are part of the problem then being without anything to say.Have fun with your pigeon holed group of hypocrits.I find it odd that a well intended post of accomplishment is scarred by inept treatment of it.
I quite agree with Pappy, and don't let a few obnoxious characters spur you to do anything rash.  Some could say I don't have any stake in this game, but you've been one of the greatest 'mentors' here for beginners like me in terms of sharing your extensive experience.  We'd hate to see you quite posting, even more so to lose everything you have posted so far.

By the way, nice deer, I bet you will get a very nice buckskin made from that.
You can count on it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 02:21:33 pm by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2022, 04:13:06 pm »
Thanks Ed , I appreciate that. Not sure where it came from but if you think that of me I guess I will have a o get over it . Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2022, 06:13:10 pm »
It's merely a reflection back at you of hypocritical statements made by moderators in the past about this being a PA family.Hard to digest huh?But you don't see it that way.Well I don't see it your way.
No prempt email sent to me about the removal of my post to another thread.This is your version of the way a family member is treated?
In my world it is not.Especially when threads of others are left to be seen in the same situation.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 06:26:48 pm by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2022, 06:28:39 pm »
Well, I'll probably regret getting involved here but I just have to say:  Having a thread about a muzzle-loader hunt moved into the muzzle-loader forum?  I don't get where the disrespect is, Ed.  I don't get how that scars your accomplishment.  They just moved a muzzle loader thread into the muzzle loader forum.  It seems like a strange thing to get riled up about.

Mods are volunteers and they make mistakes and oversights and errors of judgement just like all the rest of us mortals.  Sometimes they do stupid stuff and don't realize it, just like the rest of us.  But overall, I appreciate what they do.  And "PA family"?  Most families have more than their share disagreements and drama.  It's all part of the adventure of dealing with fellow humans, and it's why a lot of us like going to the woods.  Alone.  :)
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2022, 07:10:21 pm »
WB....You don't get the point.I've been a member at least 4 times longer than you.I've understood the duties and sacrifice the moderators have long long ago.Have praised this site up and down in the past but you were'nt around then were you.You have no weight in this discussion,and spare me your advice about family.Tell me something I don't already realize.
What I do or post reflects on me.The scarring as you so referenced about out of context is about the ongoing discussion here far from what I originally posted,but you seem to miss the angle of that one.If I had been told oh Ed..... muzzle loader kills should be in the muzzle loader section.I would of said ok so be it.But since I seen others do it in the past I figured it was ok.
Not so.
What's good for one should be good for all.
They can move it however they want.One thing they can't change is the content.
How you feel about your own posts is your business.How I feel about mine is mine.
BowEd
Ed

Online Eric Krewson

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2022, 07:27:59 pm »
Just put a sticky in the M/L section for M/L hunting and we all will enjoy it. I probably have a flintlock kill or two in the hunting section, I don't remember.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2022, 07:31:40 pm »
Seems to me after rereading you anJB G changed the direction on this thread Ed. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2022, 09:32:27 am »
Still trying to shift the subject I see.Irrelevant.Can't change what was done.No comment to the heart of that though.

All total I must have seen 50 to 60 deer through this muzzleloader season.I heard a shot from across the line fence from the Wisconsin boys elevated stand but never was informed of what happened.They parked close to my yard to have a shorter access to walk to their stand.Personally I did see quite a number of big bucks yet while sitting for this doe.That's what they were after.Nice fellas they gave Robin and me some Wisconsin[store bought] cheese earlier too.That deer if they got one probably cost them over $2000.00 this year to get.
The early morning search for this muzzle loader shot deer started out with some gobblers gobbling a 1/4 mile away.Found another dead doe while blood trailing this one too.Coyotes had it all ate up already.Nothing but bones and hide left.I know I never wounded or foul shot any deer this year.May have been a wounded one from across the fence that just died there.I don't know.Blood trailing was sure a lot easier on the snow.
This one was pretty stiff when I found her.Glad the coyotes did'nt locate her overnight.I'm positive they would have the next night.They usually bore into the back end.Eat the back ham some or work on the enter or exit hole from the shot.Temps had been close to 0 F. overnight.Still some warmth left in her though while skinning.
Actually it's the largest doe I shot all season.Might get close to 70#'s from this one so close to a quarter or over of meat in the freezer from the deer this year.That was my goal.Large hide from her too.
In the past I've had all my deer tested for CWD since there was a positive quite a few miles away but never any around here.Called the DNR biologist about this one.Said he would'nt worry about it by me so much and that they had run out of their free testing quota limit anyway.300 tested for this county he says.Did'nt get from him the the percentage rate though.He's a hunter himself and we have some good discussions about deer or turkeys.Gets a kick out of the primitive hunting process I go through.Can't get him to try it though.He does have a collection of traditonal bows though,and of course a compound.Shoots all his turkey with a shotgun too.
He's given me at least 4 pair of turkey wings through the years.Quite a devoted fella to his profession I must say.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 07:46:00 am by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2022, 10:18:12 am »
Here's a gadget I've used for years yankin does out.Makes the process a lot easier plus a buddy if their handy can grab onto it too to help.
Simply push the wooden slider forward to cinch it up after the loop is around the deers' head and your good to go.

Some will use a plastic tobaggon type thing but I'm always one to carry the minimum with me weight wise to the woods.Just the essentials.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 01:14:21 pm by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2022, 04:11:15 pm »
I have one similar to that without the cinch block , I need to add one of them to mine. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good