Author Topic: 1 more with the .54  (Read 11331 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 1 more with the .54
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2022, 12:22:23 am »
Eric, I’m sorry I didn’t inform you I moved your old muzzleloader kills to the Muzzleloader Forum.
 Ed, I informed you in a PM, not an e-mail that I was moving yours along with a congratulations for your doe kill.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2022, 06:14:07 am »
Eric, I’m sorry I didn’t inform you I moved your old muzzleloader kills to the Muzzleloader Forum.
 Ed, I informed you in a PM, not an e-mail that I was moving yours along with a congratulations for your doe kill.
You did PM me and congratulate me on the doe after you moved it while leaving the other members post in place.Those are the facts.Lets not fudge here.Better late than never has it's attributes but not in this case.You do not know my email.You can apologize to the other member on his own thread too.
Let's put it all truthfully out there mullet.My upcoming point of question I along with others would like to see the answer to.What or why were you inspired at this time to hastily move it while leaving other like type posts on there for years?Because I'm sure you seen the other members' post back then too.Amnesia is not an excuse either.My posting was'nt on there for a full day.The rules are the rules correct?
Your actions want to make it a reflection on me that I did'nt know the rules.Why then assuming you did know the rules did you choose to play biased games with them?
A non compliance to my question only proves my suspicions.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:48:07 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2022, 09:27:57 am »
Well, Sport, the reason I moved it was because of all of the complaints I was getting in emails because your buddy Shawn was stirring up crap and everybody is getting tired of his petty stuff.

Also, I haven't been on here much in the last two years between dealing with cancer, moving 500 miles and clearing property and trying to get a place ready to live in. And I didn't see the other post as I very seldom go on those threads.

So, you can see it and take it any way that makes you feel like a better man, some people are never happy. I moved it, informed you of the problem, did my job and I'm finished. See ya.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2022, 09:51:16 am »
Thanks Mullet, no problem, I don't care about such stuff, no big deal to me, just glad we have this site and the great guys to run it.

I am off to the Alabama Kentucky Longrifle show on Friday, looking forward to meeting a few guys who want to see what I build, I am going to show this one off, a TN squirrel rifle in .40 cal, hope they like it, it ain't for sale.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2022, 10:46:08 am »
whoa Eric, what a beautiful gun, you are very talented, Bob

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2022, 11:48:43 am »
Sorry to hear of your health problems there but this has nothing to do with Shawn.
You still did'nt answer my question.If you were'nt or hav'nt been on this thread in the last 2 years and very seldom go on these threads what prompted you now?No big deal of this would have been made until you got petty sport.
So, you can see it and take it any way that makes you feel like a better man, some people are never happy. I moved it, informed you of the problem, did my job and I'm finished. See ya.
Some people hold themselves to a higher standard than others.You don't ever impose your substandard ways on me without hearing about it from me.

Eric I'm glad you have your limits about not sweating the small stuff like whether a C or a K is at the end of your first name....ha ha.Your statement is laughable.
Eric this is a deer kill thread.I see nothing here by you related to it.In fact it's against the law to shoot deer with a .40 caliber muzzle loader in Iowa and is more tooting your own horn from you again.Nice enough gun but it did'nt kill this deer and trying to hi jack this post is against the rules.Rule no.10.You have a bad habit of doing that.
You have your own membership to post your own threads.
I owned a .36 caliber Hatfield once.As pretty of a curly maple full stocked gun as you can find.Sold it.

This is the gun with the brass on it all shined up that shot this deer,along with some gun & buckskinning info link.
This gun is a production model.Made with a beautiful black walnut stock.I've read it is supposed to be Kentucky walnut.Not sure that makes a difference though.It's steel where it needs to be all browned and brass where it can be.I would consider it a top of the line traditional type production model compared to most others.
The functioning things about it are very good even after hundreds if not 1000 shots through it.Lock is crisp.Trigger pull is good/easy to set with the single trigger set type and the pull of 13and3/4" on it just fits me right.It uses no. 11 caps on it's nipple.Shooting it with 60 to 80 grains is pleasant.Most I've shot with it is 120 grains.Think it was tested to 150 grains.I would'nt care to shoot that type load consistently for an afternoon though.All round ball with a 1" in 72" twist barrel of 8 lands and grooves.Using .530 balls weighing around 220 grains or approximately 1/2 ounce of lead.

My brain tanned/smoked/beaded shooting pouch and a new patch box out of a plumb branch along with my deer rawhide ball container,short starter,nipple wrench,and powder measurer.The patch box is just a hollowed  1.5" section of a plumb limb with the bark [pretty bark] left on it.It has a slot on the side where the 1.25" wide almost 3'  long roll of lubed pillow ticking comes out as I need it.I get close to 30 shots from this roll.I used a thick disc of vegetable tanned leather to friction fit it shut from the top.Scrimshawed one of my favorite B&T's chasing a coon on the cow powder horn along with my capper I hang around my neck.

Revised a couple things for the shooting pouch.I have made a small brain tan ball bag with a thick rawhide insert for the neck to use.Instead of the rawhide one.Holds 12 shots.Enough for an afternoon of shooting.Also lubed up another strip of pillow ticking and cut the strip into disks of 1.25" diameter.Store them in a capper tin.Approximately 30 patches go in there.

In the past I've thought about inletting a patch box on this guns' stock but hav'nt got around to it.

Info link about gun....http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,70976.0.html
I bark shoot squirrels off with this .54 and head shoot rabbits if I have a mind to.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 10:32:50 am by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2022, 12:48:19 pm »
Read what I posted again. What prompted me to go there is I got notified by other people on this Forum by email who are tired of Shawn's S Stirring. 1 they asked about the gun kill, 2 they wanted to know if Shawn was banned why he was still here with a different name,  stirring the pot again?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:12:19 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2022, 12:50:07 pm »
OK fine but connecting me with Shawn is a lie.From what I gather JBG is not Shawn.Shawn can only speak for himself.Why was'nt it asked about the others' threads?"The habitual hijacker."
I'm the one who gets called petty?Lets' get real.Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me.So I'm sure the complainer wants to be annonymous.What a joke and chicken shit way of handling things or it's a bad case of paranoia by the moderators.Open accountability of all members including moderators ought to be out there for everyone to see.
My so called feelings are'nt hurt and could care less if 2 other individuals are debating over a subject that I have no relation with.People that report this behavior while not participating are whiners period.
I've never he hawed to any moderators about peoples' comments on any of my threads or about anyone elses' threads either.I always took care of it myself calling them out openly on this forum.Fought my own battles without involving anyone else.I will now if that's the popular procedure as petty and chicken shit as that looks to me.IMO only whiners take this action and if it offends you don't read it.
In retrospect if one feels his thread is being harrassed breaking a rule of any degree and it is unrelenting with no mutual understanding of the two the only course for the poster would be to report to the moderators.I've personally never had it go that far in over a decade of membership.
You may not like the way I use the english language here.I'm merely pointing out to the rest of the forum the hypocritical favoritism that goes on on this forum.After over a decade of membership and over 8000 posts that's my observation.
Hands down mostly good too I must say,and give credit to the way this forum is constructed,and it is far from perfect.But hey what is?
You can ask why participate then.It's a forum to show your accomplishments and for beginners it's a learning site.There are enough honest to goodness individuals that don't taint the water who want to take this bow making to levels that might make a difference too.To disclaim myths and rumors that  they can and do out perform FG bows.I've proven that myself as I shoot with FG toting shooters.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 05:51:39 pm by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2022, 01:16:06 pm »
Here's what's left of a deer by the coyotes after 2 weeks to a month of dying.
Pretty much hide and bones.They get pretty hungry when real winter sets in.
It's really important to get to my deer as soon as possible.I got lucky this time.Practically every late winter here you can see 3 or 4 coyotes trotting pushing a half dozen deer to run to weed out the weak.Just like you see wolves chasing caribou farther up north.
I don't own running dogs and never have,tree dogs....yes.My neighbor couple miles away has a dozen running dogs.Should give him a call to weed these coyotes out some.Breeding season is coming on.Should be able to pick some traveling males' tracks fairly easy.
I carry the .223 with me in the truck this time of year and get lucky on a coyote occasionally.Excellent self tanned projects from these animals.

Coyotes to me are almost like opossums.You can kill them on site for years and you'll never get rid of them around here.They are survivors.Just joking but I think they could survive a nuclear holocaust and be the last ones' standing....ha ha.Oh yea we can't forget about the wood tick too.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 07:55:21 am by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed